Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Scores Brutal One-Punch Knockout of Robert Helenius in Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post

Sure maybe now Takam & Del Boy are gatekeepers but at one point they were both fringe contenders. Joyce a journeyman? I guess what I consider a journeyman is different than what you think it is. Guys like Leapai, Kevin Johnson, Mike Mollo, Joey Abell are what I consider journeymen. That is just my opinion of course.
    Joyce just hasn't lost enough yet to be mentioned with those guys. But that's his level. We saw that against Parker and Zhang. Zhang is freaking trash, as we saw against both Forrest and Hrgovic (even though he should've won the Hrgovic fight).

Comment

• Whyte was getting ready to decapitate AJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        Whyte was getting ready to decapitate AJ.
        Whyte can't even get out of the way of an uppercut.

Comment

I hope to see the fight tomorrow. My sports channel here in Canada said Joshua got booed in the 3rd & 6th rounds. Is that true? Then went on to say his back is hurt from carrying the heavyweight division?
          Yes all of that is correct, he said the carrying the heavyweight shyte after being asked about Wilder to avoiding answering and left the ring...

Comment

• Ruiz took the keys to AJ's soul. AJ is not in the correct geography to be effectively aggressive anymore.

wilder will close the distance and spark AJ out with the 1-2. It could come at any possible moment, even in the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
              3 cards tomorrow looks like this one is the appetizer ......I think AJ sparks out the Nordic Nightmare , but he will be quite cautious..........
              What, first post in the thread and from reading the article it seems you were absolutely spot on. Nice call sir. I missed it because I was at work but now I'm on the Naverette-Valdez card so I read the article. Some takeaway for me were that Joshua's fan base is what motivates him but at his core he is self-doubting some. It also sounded like Joshua's adjustment was "through the right hand" and Helenius didn't know how to adjust to "he is throwing the right hand." I'm curious if that's how people viewed it and if that's how it feels when I watch it.

Comment

I hope to see the fight tomorrow. My sports channel here in Canada said Joshua got booed in the 3rd & 6th rounds. Is that true? Then went on to say his back is hurt from carrying the heavyweight division?
                Joshua looked ordinary for large stretches of the fight, like Helenius' reach was troubling him. The left jab marked up Joshua's right eye some and for a while it didn't look too clever for Joshua. Eventually he asserted himself and the KO was devastating and not totally out of the blue.

Joshua's post-match behaviour was a little embarassing, including feigning a sore back purely to deliver a lame, lame comment about carrying the HW division. Awkward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elastic Recoilz View Post
                  Ruiz took the keys to AJ's soul. AJ is not in the correct geography to be effectively aggressive anymore.

wilder will close the distance and spark AJ out with the 1-2. It could come at any possible moment, even in the first round.
                  Wow, as soon as the first round? That is really impressive in spite of it existing purely in your imagination.

Comment

• Once again RH leaves his left hand low and chin up, takes a big right hand he doesnīt seem to see and goes to sleep. Every time. Duhaupas, Washington, Wilder, AJ. It only takes one flaw if itīs bad enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

Wow, as soon as the first round? That is really impressive in spite of it existing purely in your imagination.
                      Notice use of the word "could". I guess comprehension wasn't your strong point at school.

Comment

Working...
                      X