Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McKean: Who Has Hrgovic Decisively Beaten? Zhang and That Was Controversial

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
    Hrgovic really needs to step up his competition for such a highly touted contender. He's sitting on his IBF mandatory, but who knows when that will come, with Fury-Usyk still a high possibility.
    Usyk - Hrgovic is next, if both win their next fights. Probably in december.

Usyk -Fury will likely never happen and you know that.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
      Hrgovic really needs to step up his competition for such a highly touted contender. He's sitting on his IBF mandatory, but who knows when that will come, with Fury-Usyk still a high possibility.
      Why does he need to step up his competition , if he’s sitting on his mandatory spot waiting for Usyk next he wouldn’t be fighting on Saturday and fought Zhang , the only guy in the entire division sitting on anything is Fury not even fighting a pro boxer and sole fight he wasn’t mandated to fight so far was Chisora , if Hrgovic fought Chisora he’d have gotten murdered on here yet somehow the Fury fans made it as a decent stay busy fight the same guys who wanted Chisora to retire before that fight was made . Lol

DDD got a gift win against Kevin who ? The bell even rang early in that one . Who has he fought since being the WBA mandatory ? It’s always puzzling how the guy trying to get fights are the ones who are singled out on this forum , it’s just bizarre but not shocking . It’s alway a certain guy needs to fight everyone not the actual champions like Fury and Wilder who just sit back and watch the other top guys fight .
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-10-2023, 12:42 PM.
      billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

Boxrec says he beat Jonathan Rice by TKO but that's the only name I recognize. At best Demsey is probably a fringe contender, this is a step back from Hrgovic. Honestly Hrgovic and Wallin should fight, the winner moves onto bigger fish to fry, but they won't.
        You can watch the "Rice" fight on Youtube it is very revealing. McKean is a bit of a puzzle... Like Dylan he made the transition from kickboxing, and has some decent instincts. But he does not sit down on his shots and seems to get very rattled when taking a good shot. One thing I look for, and this could be silly, but what does a guy do when he takes a good shot? You could probably have taken a young Duran and told him "no matter what you do, when you get hit good, back off, go into a shell! I will give you a million dollers for doing so" and Duran would not be able to do it. Some guys just want to hit you back, get more aggressive, and I think this is a great instinct. McKean when he got buzzed by Rice shelled up. Can you even teach a guy not to do this?

McKean can box a bit but, unless what happened with Rice was a fluke, I don't see him being able to do much moving on up.
        Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

You can watch the "Rice" fight on Youtube it is very revealing. McKean is a bit of a puzzle... Like Dylan he made the transition from kickboxing, and has some decent instincts. But he does not sit down on his shots and seems to get very rattled when taking a good shot. One thing I look for, and this could be silly, but what does a guy do when he takes a good shot? You could probably have taken a young Duran and told him "no matter what you do, when you get hit good, back off, go into a shell! I will give you a million dollers for doing so" and Duran would not be able to do it. Some guys just want to hit you back, get more aggressive, and I think this is a great instinct. McKean when he got buzzed by Rice shelled up. Can you even teach a guy not to do this?

McKean can box a bit but, unless what happened with Rice was a fluke, I don't see him being able to do much moving on up.
          Hrgovic will knock McKean out. The only thing to debate is when this will happen. I say inside 5 rounds. McKean is not bad. He is not short ,with a short reach. He is big in shape man with a fair amount if power. Hs is not slow handed either. Probably a top 40 heavyweight. He is in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Hrgovic will knock McKean out. The only thing to debate is when this will happen. I say inside 5 rounds. McKean is not bad. He is not short ,with a short reach. He is big in shape man with a fair amount if power. Hs is not slow handed either. Probably a top 40 heavyweight. He is in his prime.
            One thing that makes me cringe is when I see a big strong lad like McKean and he starts to throw these pitty pat shots when he gets opportunity. One of the primary skills has to be using weight and sitting down enough so a shot has real impact.

Comment

Hrgovic is a well polished ****house

Comment

Originally posted by HawkHogan View Post
                Hrgovic is a well polished ****house
                Hrgovic is unbeaten top contender. Somebody Fury would never fight.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

One thing that makes me cringe is when I see a big strong lad like McKean and he starts to throw these pitty pat shots when he gets opportunity. One of the primary skills has to be using weight and sitting down enough so a shot has real impact.

McKean is not a top prospect or a top ten heavyweight. Hrgovic is.

Not everyone has the fire and will need to commit to punches. I think he fights the way he does because he doesn't want to get countered. Or hit with something that will test his chin.

Yeah he is big, fairly mobile and strong, but he is facing a man who hits hard, is as big as he is, and has the skill needed to cause damage to him.

If I were in his corner I would tell him to land his best stuff early as possible. Skip the pitty pat shots. Hrgovic throws lots of punches and will walk right through weak shots.

I think Hrgovic​ is one of the three best heavyweights in the world. What do you think?
                  billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

People act like the rankings will never change and a lower ranked fighter can't beat a much higher ranked fighter.

It's not how it works. If McKean is ever going to be a challenger then he needs a fight like Hrgovic to test and prove himself. Just because he hasn't fought at that level before doesn't mean he can't. The proof will be in the ring. That's how you make a name for yourself and move up the rankings.

As for Hrgovic, I still think the jury is out. Both he and Zhang looked comically bad in a very entertaining fight. Zhang's win against Joyce makes Hrgovic's win look better in hindsight... but then all Zhang did was prove plenty of people's theory that Joyce couldn't just continue winning fights by blocking shots with his face.

This isn't elite v novice. It's contender v novice.

That said... I'm on Hrgovic by middle rounds stoppage simply on him being a big lump with better experience. But you can't rule out an unbeaten fighter. You can't know his level until he hits it.
                    JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

I think Hrgovic​ is one of the three best heavyweights in the world. What do you think?
                      I think that's very fanciful. There are plenty of fighters who have proven more than Hrgovic.

But he's earned his mandatory spot. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                      X