Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McKean: Who Has Hrgovic Decisively Beaten? Zhang and That Was Controversial

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve seen McKean fight live before. He moves well and fights in spurts. He was pretty good fundamentally but not sure he can keep Hrgovic off him especially when he taste his power.
    Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

I sort of agree but hrgovic is still two levels above you, who have you beaten? His best win is most likely against some bouncer who used to be a rugby player in some Sydney club who turned boxer.

Comment

mckean was hurt by johnny rice and dropped by leutele

hrgovic hasnt looked great though but he fights better coming forward and mckean is gonna move a lot
        Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

McKean is not trying to portray himself as some accomplished fighter...he is just saying neither is Hrgovic.

Comment

Originally posted by sege64 View Post
            err...who the **** has Dempsey McKean beat? I'd never even heard of him before this week. I do agree with his sentiment that Hrgovic is ludicrously overrated though. He was very poor against Zhang, someone who, if the hype were real he should have blasted out in short order.
            Go fish again. Zhang is a top 10 ten ranked fighter and showed it by pulverizing Joe Joyce

Hrgovic won the fight with Zhang, and suffered a dodgy knockdown we he was hit in back of the head and thrown down. Yet when he hit Zhang with a punch and made him do a spilt that wasn't a knockdown? BS ref.

Hrgovic was not focused due to the recent death of his father. The two men were very close. He admits to it being his worst performance because of that. He is not over rated. Only the haters would say that.

He will beat McKean and fights Usyk next, the #1 heavyweight in the world. Hrgovic fights his forth undefeated fighter in a row in McKean, has taken five 0's as in undefeated fighters records. It will be six.
            Last edited by Dr. Z; 08-10-2023, 01:04 PM.

Comment

In all he other fights expect for the top ten ranked Zhang when he had a crooked ref for Zhang ( the knockdown and the one that wasn't ) and had personal issues affecting him, Hrgovic was dominant in winning. Fans do not realize his first pro 15 fighters features better competition than Tyson, Lewis , or Fury. It's true. I am saying it to remind the haters and fans.
              Last edited by Dr. Z; 08-10-2023, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

hrgovic hasnt looked great though but he fights better coming forward and mckean is gonna move a lot
                I tied to send you a message, but you mail box is full.

I just want to say, you know your boxing. Good point on McKean being dropped. That is not well known. Are you Aussie?

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

Hrgovic really should be splattering Mckean, apparently that Leutele fight was razor close. But Leutele is no bum, he had Huni down in a very close fight.

Comment

Hrgovic had a close fight with Zhang, McKean had a close fight with Rice, who is journeyman level.

I haven`t seen much of McKean, but Hrgovic should be able to beat him clearly.

But, than again, Zhang almost lost to Forrest, but beat Joyce, so who knows.
                    Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 08-10-2023, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Hrgovic really needs to step up his competition for such a highly touted contender. He's sitting on his IBF mandatory, but who knows when that will come, with Fury-Usyk still a high possibility.

Comment

Working...
                      X