No announcement yet.

What was Nate supposed to do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was Nate supposed to do?

I understand when people say this event, as a boxing match lacked...But people seem to characterize Diaz' skills based only on his strategy. I believe this is an error. I respect what Paul has done for the sport of boxing, primarily showing fighters how they should manage their careers avoiding the promoters that these days, seem to stop the big fights from happening...I also respect Paul for the same reason Dana White hate him... He is out to help MMA fighters make some money. But as a competitor? The guy is a bully and will only fight when he knows he is virtually guaranteed a win. He misjudged once with Fury, but for the Diaz fight he came in much much bigger, especially after rehydrating.

Diaz had no option to box him with no trickery. Paul wanted to take Diaz' fighting soul, so to speak, by using his superior size, that is the way he set this fight up. Paul treats his opponents like w h o r es: "I will pay you enough money now let me be a weight bully and knock you out." Diaz was not having any of that crap. Diaz wound up using unconventional techniques to screw with Paul, including screwing with Paul's timing, and mental state/ego. It did not look like much, but it allowed Diaz to fight on without being weight bullied or knocked out. It even allowed him to have his moments, as Paul did not dominate this fight at all.

What I liked was how Paul looked uncomfortable and dejected when Diaz did catch him. Paul did not get his KO, his dominant victory because Diaz fought smart and even managed to make him uncomfortable at times. I say YES!!! crappy boxing, but GOOD on NATE! for exposing a bully. With all the crap Paul talks, he will NEVER challenge himself with an equally matched opponent. This also goes for MMA if he chooses to fight Diaz. Paul only fought a part time professional boxer once and lost...Diaz was like "hell no I am not going to be this biatches foil!" Besides Diaz choked his butt out twice now: Once in New Orleans and once at the end of the fight.

Jake Paul has shown his level. He's novice boxer who would have zero chance of winning a British title.

The thing is, the MMA guys he's fighting can't box at all so he beats them with relative ease.

It's one hell of a market he's managed to open for himself.

If he fights any boxer with any kind of crednetials he will lose and lose easily like he did to Tommy Fury who is also a novice, but a novice that's been boxing since the age of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Jake Paul has shown his level. He's novice boxer who would have zero chance of winning a British title.

The thing is, the MMA guys he's fighting can't box at all so he beats them with relative ease.

It's one hell of a market he's managed to open for himself.

If he fights any boxer with any kind of crednetials he will lose and lose easily like he did to Tommy Fury who is also a novice, but a novice that's been boxing since the age of 10.
      Yup and he knows this is true. Who would have thought there would be a market for boxing professional MMA fighters? lol.

Comment

No need to analyze joke fights
        Bravado Bravado shenmue shenmue like this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Yup and he knows this is true. Who would have thought there would be a market for boxing professional MMA fighters? lol.
          It's because people just can't seem to differentiate between the sports.

MMA fighters are killers, true killers and true fighters. What they aren't are boxers.

Every time Jake Paul fights these MMA guys, my nephew is adamant that he will get destroyed by these MMA fighters because they are/were world class "fighters" and Jake Paul isn't.

Jake Paul has basic boxing skills, that's all it takes to beat an MMA fighter in a boxing match, because it's just not their sport. Just because they throw punches and take guys heads off in their sport doesn't mean it's boxing.

We have to remember Mayweather-McGregor sold over 4 million PPV's.......That alone tells you where the problem lies here.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

He’s hit the jackpot
            He’s lining his pockets while making a mockery of the sport in some degree
            Maybe I’m being a little harsh but he is there using the sport to line his pocket
            billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

It's because people just can't seem to differentiate between the sports.

MMA fighters are killers, true killers and true fighters. What they aren't are boxers.

Every time Jake Paul fights these MMA guys, my nephew is adamant that he will get destroyed by these MMA fighters because they are/were world class "fighters" and Jake Paul isn't.

Jake Paul has basic boxing skills, that's all it takes to beat an MMA fighter in a boxing match, because it's just not their sport. Just because they throw punches and take guys heads off in their sport doesn't mean it's boxing.

We have to remember Mayweather-McGregor sold over 4 million PPV's.......That alone tells you where the problem lies here.
              Its unfortunate the lack of knowledge. It is true about basic boxing. The whole set up for when and even how to throw certain punches is entirely different. Factors like, size of gloves, defense against take downs, even range... Because of kicks, very different.
              shenmue shenmue likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                No need to analyze joke fights
                How about joke posters?

Comment

if you took time to analyze this event clearly shows why boxing sucks. joke events like this is what adds damage to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

He’s hit the jackpot
                    He’s lining his pockets while making a mockery of the sport in some degree
                    Maybe I’m being a little harsh but he is there using the sport to line his pocket
                    I can understand some of his youthful indiscretions. But he is indeed a pocket liner! Him and I think his brother, did these endorsements for ****** coin issued in a special series, knowing the coins would tank after he pulled profits and leaving his followers holding the proverbial bag... And then it gets worse... I think it was both of the Paul brothers, but they made their own "coin," got investment capital from their followers and let it tank. He was exposed over this. His followers are young and he takes advantage to line his pockets.

Comment

Working...
                    X