Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kenny Porter Praises Terence Crawford: He Has Made Us All Believers; I Bow Down to Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kenny Porter Praises Terence Crawford: He Has Made Us All Believers; I Bow Down to Him

Kenny Porter admits he was wrong about Terence Crawford. The veteran trainer and father of former welterweight titlist Shawn Porter offered a mea culpa after Crawford thoroughly dismantled Errol Spence Jr. in their undisputed welterweight championship last Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena in Las
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bud will soon rule the 154 division, New division Champion coming soon… AGAIN!

Comment

Bud fought his best fight ever on Saturday. He fought over his head. He’s an all time great to me because of what he just did. But I don’t think he can duplicate that performance with any other worthy opponents.
      Last edited by OnlyBeingHonest; 08-03-2023, 01:48 PM.
      champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Bowing down is a little extreme but yeah, he did turn around a lot of non-believers. I used to dislike BHop but he made me a believer back in 2001

Comment

Bud coming for all the belts and theres nothing you can do about it- he should break Mayweathers/Marciano's record, that would be the icing on the cake

Comment

Yes Kenny, add my name to the list of Crawford converts!

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
              Bud fought his best fight ever on Saturday. He fought over his head. He’s an all time great to be because of what he just did. But I don’t think he can duplicate that performance with any other worthy opponents.
              Get it straight, he was all time great way before the Spence fight- Bud shows the real deal vs hype -

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
                Bud fought his best fight ever on Saturday. He fought over his head. He’s an all time great to be because of what he just did. But I don’t think he can duplicate that performance with any other worthy opponents.
                Why not? Is it because Spence was particularly bad on Saturday or because you think everything just gelled for Bud that night? Crawford's shown this ability his entire career so I think he's capable of much more of the same. It might not be quite as dominant as last week because Spence was just so off his game (slow, fragile, awkward), but Crawford will be a solid favorite over anybody he faces next.

Comment

I remember when the Crawf haters were talkin sh.it about Kenny stopping his son's fight with Crawf. He OBVIOUSLY knew what was gonna happen to his son.

Flash forward to Crawf/Spence and how easily Crawf beat the texas outta Spence, punishing him the whole fight and wack Derrick James lettin the life changing @ss whoopin happen to his fighter.

One coach cared about their fighter, the other one cared more about pride.

Megaman99 Megaman99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
                    I remember when the Crawf haters were talkin sh.it about Kenny stopping his son's fight with Crawf. He OBVIOUSLY knew what was gonna happen to his son.

Flash forward to Crawf/Spence and how easily Crawf beat the texas outta Spence, punishing him the whole fight and wack Derrick James lettin the life changing @ss whoopin happen to his fighter.

One coach cared about their fighter, the other one cared more about pride.
                    IDK about that. Ken Porter is one of the most prideful trainers in the sport. I was one of those fans who criticized Ken Porter's stoppage of the Crawford-Porter fight. I insist that the stoppage had everything to do with Kenny Porter's own ego and not about saving his son from damage. Shawn Porter was getting frustrated and got dropped when he got loose on defense, but he was not anything close to being out on his feet or done when Kenny stopped it in the 10th round. Kenny Porter stopped that fight because his own ego (as a self-proclaimed elite trainer) could not take the beating it was getting from Crawford outboxing his son. That was the most important fight in Shawn's career and he earned the right to finish it, but as Kenny openly admitted post-fight, he stopped it to punish Shawn for not preparing in training the way he wanted him to. Thankfully for Ken Porter, he has a humble, dutiful son who loves and forgives him.

Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 08-03-2023, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X