Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya On Final Fight, Loss To Pacquiao: I Was Hoping To Get Knocked Out, Was Drunk During Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya On Final Fight, Loss To Pacquiao: I Was Hoping To Get Knocked Out, Was Drunk During Camp

Oscar De La Hoya suffered a one-sided beatdown against Manny Pacquiao in 2008 during the final fight of his illustrious Hall of Fame career. After eight rounds and devoid of a comeback, a bruised De La Hoya called it quits in his corner.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pacquiao drained him like a coward.

Comment

Being drunk in oneday of his training came is nothing really, Fury is drunk all the time, dosser

Comment

Yeah, sure.

De La Hoya now plays the pitiful card, trying to win over the public's sympathy with his issues while cunningly finding reasons for his earlier losses.

Oscar's inability to imitate Mike Tyson in his post-fighting phase is perhaps his biggest flaw. A real man can be easily distinguished from a wholly phony one. Since his youth, De La Hoya has been a member of the latter group.​
        Last edited by Tatabanya; 07-26-2023, 09:07 AM.
        eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
          Pacquiao drained him like a coward.
          Nah bro, 154lbs, 5' 11" was calling out 135lbs 5'5" Pacquiao! Even Freddie Roach thought it was preposterous at first. Oscar was the favorite to blow Pacquiao out. Pac didn't ask for the fight, Oscar did! He found out quick he could handle the speed Pac brought. Pac didn't duck anyone in his career. He dared to be great and fought everyone who was much bigger than a guy who started at 118lbs

Comment

So this guy failed to mention, HE CALLED OUT PACQUAIO. Pacquiao had JUST fought at 135lbs and although looked good, was still testing the larger waters. Pacquiao had to move up to 147lbs for Oscar.

You want to call it a weight drain, but then why did Oscar even seek Pacquiao out? This midget as many would call him? How about, Pacquiao was #1 P4P and Oscar wanted an easy win against the smaller midget in hopes of restoring some hope of continuing his career? Kind of like what Mayweather did calling out Marquez for his "comeback" fight coming out of "retirement". You know, call the midget up a few weight classes and dominate him.

It's easy to change the narrative once time has passed and people who were in the know then, are no longer around speaking their minds. Thus, he can come up with whatever these days and the casuals will eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
              It's easy to change the narrative once time has passed and people who were in the know then, are no longer around speaking their minds. Thus, he can come up with whatever these days and the casuals will eat it.
              No worry, I'm still here. And watching De La Hoya smashed by Pacquiao is still one of my favorite hobbies.

eco1 eco1 ELPacman ELPacman like this.

Comment

Nacho beristain might have let fighters drink piss during camp (marquez) but I doubt he would allow dela hoya to drink alcohol during camp I call bs on that.
                eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Either way drunk or no drunk would have lost, I think he's drunk in this interview.

Comment

Oscar, this is why nobody believes **** you say:
                    Lies and excuses. You don't need to make up these things, you had an incredible career and life story
                    Now suddenly you were abused by the woman who you dedicated every fight to & were drinking during camp.
                    Sorry, but I'm not buying any of it

Comment

Working...
                    X