Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence Believes That His Legacy Would Have Taken A Hit If Crawford Fight Never Became A Reality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence Believes That His Legacy Would Have Taken A Hit If Crawford Fight Never Became A Reality

A sense of pride sweeps over Errol Spence Jr. First thing in the morning, he normally throws his sheets to the side, settles his kids down, and begins to stroll through his palatial estate. In doing so, Spence often trips over countless items. The toys of his juniors are a given but in addition to broken Lego pieces and Barbie dolls, Spence, at times, stubs his toe on the numerous world titles he's won in his boxing career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Spence is right, his legacy would've taken a hit if the Crawford fight never became a reality.
    As it's turned out, less than 4 weeks from their epic encounter all kudos go out to both of these undefeated champions!
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

He's right. It would have. Kudos to him for not taking the bait to move up and fight at 154. I am just happy that he was patient enough for Crawford to make up his mind on whether he still wanted the fight or not.

It looks like EJ made the right choice. This fight is a real treat and gift for us boxing fans. Some say that it's a bit too late but I disagree. This is the fight to be made in boxing. It doesn't get any better than this.
      Last edited by champion4ever; 07-03-2023, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Spence’s legacy already took a big hit in many eyes by taking so long to make this fight
        Five years ago , this would’ve been fight of the decade
        Instead now you got a multitude of excuses on either side ( accident vs age etc etc etc )
        Oh well , big Al knows what he has done a la Mayweather see May vs Pac

Comment

Of course it would. I wish these 4 weeks would hurry up already
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

It would've been bad for Spence, and HORRIBLE for Terence Crawford! First, he signs an extension with TR when Thurman, Spence, Porter, and DSG, were all with PBC, then he doesn't even get the Pacquiao fight while he was at TR! Second, he winds up suing Arum, when he couldn't get him Spence, even after seeing all these people leave Arum: Oscar, Floyd, Cotto, Mikey, and eventually Pacquiao himself! Glad he finally came to his senses!

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
              Spence’s legacy already took a big hit in many eyes by taking so long to make this fight
              Five years ago , this would’ve been fight of the decade
              Instead now you got a multitude of excuses on either side ( accident vs age etc etc etc )
              Oh well , big Al knows what he has done a la Mayweather see May vs Pac
              Crawford is the one who kept saying "I don't care if this fight happens" "I don't need this fight" talking it down all the time i think he's the one who should get the heat for the fight not happening sooner and he also shot himself in the foot because people now have reasons to dismiss his victory over Spence should he win.
              Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

This fight is not an easy pick. All the famous fighters of the past will be watching this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kzbox View Post

Crawford is the one who kept saying "I don't care if this fight happens" "I don't need this fight" talking it down all the time i think he's the one who should get the heat for the fight not happening sooner and he also shot himself in the foot because people now have reasons to dismiss his victory over Spence should he win.
                  That my friend is a question of opinion
                  My way of seeing it is looking back into history and seeing the trend that was set up by others fighting under the leadership of Big Al
                  You see it that way but most don’t
                  I think it was purposely done by Al and Spence just Spence ended up in the crash and yes that will be used as an excuse if Bud wins
                  Anyway personally I think Spence fughed up his own career after that explosive win against Kell Brooks and fighting lesser potential bodies
                  There’s another Big Al trademark
                  Just look at his fighters have fought after their own individual big fights
                  Not hard to see
                  First comes $$$$$ then legacy

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

That my friend is a question of opinion
                    My way of seeing it is looking back into history and seeing the trend that was set up by others fighting under the leadership of Big Al
                    You see it that way but most don’t
                    I think it was purposely done by Al and Spence just Spence ended up in the crash and yes that will be used as an excuse if Bud wins
                    Anyway personally I think Spence fughed up his own career after that explosive win against Kell Brooks and fighting lesser potential bodies
                    There’s another Big Al trademark
                    Just look at his fighters have fought after their own individual big fights
                    Not hard to see
                    First comes $$$$$ then legacy
                    Why talk down the fight though doesn't make any sense from Crawfords side he should of been screaming from the rooftops he wants Spence not the meh attitude "i don't care" he was going on like then it gives people ammunition to believe he didn't want the fight back then it's whatever i don't see it as a stain on Spences legacy if he beats Crawford then he's above him simple as.
                    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X