Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB says that PBC is what's killing boxing...so why does boxing's biggest current star keep working with them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Can't be that simple. Crawford himself said he's only fighting for the check, legacy be damned, and he was banking easy checks from Bob Arum for the longest, then refused to sign with PBC on two occasions, instead going to BLK Prime, a company with no track record.

There's got to be a reason why fighters at the top of the game (Fury, Canelo, Manny) seem happy to work with PBC but the lower tiers didn't/don't. Maybe...something to do with drawing power? The ability to sell a fight?
    Should be obvious why Crawford didn't want to sign with them. He's not a big PPV draw and he likes guaranteed money and PBC kept refusing to give him guarantees. He got what he wanted from Arum and BLK Prime, which was a guaranteed purse, so he makes his money even if the fight loses money, which apparently happened to Arum a lot.

The fighters at the top of the game all get guarantees because they are proven earners and PBC is willing to give them guaranteed money because they know they don't have to risk money. Notice every offer to Canelo has had a specific number attached. Crawford's previous offer had zero guaranteed purse. Fury always gets guaranteed purses.

This really isn't complicated. If they have to spend money to promote the fight because you're not a proven earner, you're not going to get the same kind of contract.

And certain of those fighters also like to sign with PBC because they like to be protected from fights they don't want that are hard but not necessarily big money.
    ​​​​​​
    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

So if I read you correctly, you're saying that people should criticize Crawford for fighting Brook and Khan who had long layoffs fresh off of dominant stoppage losses. Right?
      See, I told ya, PBC fans are never going to address the inactivity issue in this sport, which PBC is rampant with. Almost all of their guys are now part-time boxers. Don't know if it's an infectious disease or a culture. They all start idealistic, wax poetic about becoming legends, then fear of losing starts to creep in and don't want to fight anymore... tsk tsk... It's abysmal. How can a guy like LSC, for example, retire young in a profession where time is limited as you age? Just imagine if he's not with PBC. The Charlos are also wasting their primes, as other examples. To keep it short, can't help but make me wonder if PBC is the real disease.
      genrick rickJen likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jqside View Post

See, I told ya
        Told who, what? You didn't answer the question.

You're targeting PBC. You're ignoring that ALL promoters do the same thing.

Or did you conveniently forget why Mikey lost almost 3 years of the prime of his career under Arum?
        The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

And...if it's true, as what NSB says, that PBC is the reason fights don't get made, why would Canelo keep going back to them to keep making these high-grossing fights?

Something doesn't add up. Help me out here
          Showtime PPV

Comment

Told who, what? You didn't answer the question.

You're targeting PBC. You're ignoring that ALL promoters do the same thing.

Or did you conveniently forget why Mikey lost almost 3 years of the prime of his career under Arum?
            Arum did that on purpose to spite Mikey.

Is that what you're saying haymon is doing to his guys?

Comment

NSB is full of mostly Mentally Ill degenerates

use to be an amazing community but over the years Fans started pretending like they knew more than Promoters, Managers, Advisers and Trainers and now most threads are not about the actual fights in the ring but instead more so about the business part of things outside of the ring

PBC was NEVER a problem, it is just a small grow of losers Online who made it a Priority to try and Sabatoge PBC because they hate Al Haymon more so because of his connection with Mayweather who they hated as a fighters so from that people take their hate for Mayweather out on all of PBC (Media people as well) and the rooted against it, wrote bad about it, desperately wanting it to Fail only for it to become stronger and now hold all the Cards and have the Faces Of Boxing Under 1 Banner

Who+Is+Al+Haymon%3F.jpg?format=1500w.jpg

as posted in another thread, it is nothing wrong with people coming back years later and admit that they was wrong about EVERYTHING

Even Eddie Hearn is man enough to say "Fair Play" and give PBC Props and admit that they're crushing it right now which is motivating him to step it up
              Last edited by sicko; 06-23-2023, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jqside View Post

See, I told ya, PBC fans are never going to address the inactivity issue in this sport, which PBC is rampant with. Almost all of their guys are now part-time boxers. Don't know if it's an infectious disease or a culture.
                It's a culture. Haven't seen any one of them complained, except Broner.
                Someday we'll see them begging for fights in their 40s, or be seen working in a warehouse.
                Even millionaires are still working their asses off.​

Comment

Originally posted by rick.gen View Post

It's a culture. Haven't seen any one of them complained, except Broner.
                  Someday we'll see them begging for fights in their 40s, or be seen working in a warehouse.
                  Even millionaires are still working their asses off.​
                  I mean, J'Leon "Hug Like I'm In" Love and Ashley Theophane did.

Again, lower tier fighters all around.

But if you hear Shawn Porter, Andre Berto, Keef, etc. talk, you'd think PBC was the be-all-end-all.

And Mikey went there and got his biggest paycheck.

I'm just saying - they seem to be the only one putting on what qualifies as truly "big" fights, even if they don't always put on "championship level" fights. There's a difference.

Other promoters focus on the championships. PBC doesn't seem to give a crap.

Comment

At this point pbc should be making the best fights once a month or every other month. They have the biggest stable. Not sure wtf is going on. Ufc does it. PbC fighters sit too damn long to the point casuals could care less. I say casuals cause they are the ones who bring the most money to ppvs.

Comment

Working...
                    X