Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson To Face Charles Martin On July 1; Visa Issue Knocks Kossobutskiy Out Of Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good fight, nice step up for Anderson …WAR Big baby !!!!
    MastaBlasta MastaBlasta likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post

I didn't know Fury trained him. Fury really was pillow-fisted at that time. But the blame goes to Martin. He didn't have a serious mentality about training and preparation then. He was kinda gifted a title, and he didn't get serious about keeping it. He cashed a lottery ticket to fight AJ, who was a lot more serious, trained, and prepared at that time (and fighting at home to a massive crowd). Martin didn't give himself much of a chance ...

Thankfully, he learned and worked himself into being a solid pro.

I thought the Kossobutskiy fight was dangerous as well, and I wanted to see what he would bring to Anderson. We'll have to wait ... until proven otherwise though, Jared Anderson is THE upcoming monster!
      Well I’d just say there’s a full line up of guys who can beat each other on any given day like Martin then there’s just a few guys if they are on point that are the stand out guys like Joshua , Fury , Usyk that defeated the actual top guys in careers, Furys just lucky he’s got Klitchko and Wilder multiple times and makes himself look good with Whyte and Chisora ..the problem here is only 2 of them fought though . ( Joshua / Usyk )

Wilder still only has Ortiz as a best win and that guy is included in the other group,he is not proven to be in that class that’s just a fact . Like Ruiz who is just under it though he has a win over Joshua hasn’t shown much since .

Wilder right now is a question mark . He got battered against a better prepared Fury in the second fight and has fought Helenius since the 3rd fight ending in another bad knockout loss .

It’s unknown where he is now against big punchers who can box ? If Wilder were to defeat Joshua something I don’t think is going to happen for me that’s a big upset , I just don’t see that happening. And we still won’t know if Wilders declined that much or at all based off if a bad knockout happened to him which I’m predicting because he could very well defeat other guys outside of Fury , Usyk and Joshua but he’s going to get hit ? I don’t think he beats any of those 3 and could be at his own end ?

I got a feeling posters are going to be calling Wilder a fringe contender after that Joshua fight , we know Joshua won’t get any type of credit anyway , the credit usually goes to someone else or no one at all on this bizarro forum . We see this in every fight even his most recent one with Franklin despite coming in better shape and the forum crying robbery against Whyte , Martin could lose to Joshua 5 times they’ll call him a bum and then praise him afterwards if say he gave Fury a decent fight . This is how the firum works . Lol

Id say Fury advised Martin and was at his gym showing him things to what extent I don’t know ?
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-21-2023, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Should have been the fight to be made in the first place, instead of being last minute replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          Don't know much about the original opponent but Martin coming in has me a little more excited for the matchup.

Part of me always roots for Martin, guess he's a sentimental favorite of mine. He's a big, powerful southpaw. He's several small moments away from having a much different career. He narrowly lost to Kownacki in a fight where he was coming on at the end and the Pole looked to be on last legs. He was doing very well against Ortiz until he got tired and complacent.

Anderson should win this one but he can't take Martin lightly. Provided Jared wins, it will be a very nice name on his resume.
          Took it on 11 days notice that's the issue. I know he was meant to fight not long ago against that big Armenian heavyweight that fights on PBC an think he's been ticking over since but I dunno just seems way to short of notice if he'd of had more time to solely train for this fight then it could of been interesting for Anderson but i think he'll put Martin away in 6-7 rounds might even be earlier
          Last edited by Boxing2695; 06-21-2023, 10:12 PM.
          PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

Took it on 11 days notice that's the issue. I know he was meant to fight not long ago against that big Armenian heavyweight that fights on PBC an think he's been ticking over since but I dunno just seems way to short of notice if he'd of had more time to solely train for this fight then it could of been interesting for Anderson but i think he'll put Martin away in 6-7 rounds might even be earlier
            Good points. It's not an ideal situation for Martin but I imagine Anderson has some adjustments to make in the new opponent. I fully expect Anderson to win by stoppage and the 6th or 7th sounds about right. Anderson can be hit at times and Martin has power and throws some awkward shots. Jared will have to be disciplined, especially early.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Good points. It's not an ideal situation for Martin but I imagine Anderson has some adjustments to make in the new opponent. I fully expect Anderson to win by stoppage and the 6th or 7th sounds about right. Anderson can be hit at times and Martin has power and throws some awkward shots. Jared will have to be disciplined, especially early.
              Yeah I hear that an Anderson for all the talent he has an potential fights like this can be banana skins for fighters we've seen it in the past especially at heavyweight when all it takes is one shot and it's done. But I think Anderson will get the win I just think Martin at 36 who's made money who's been champion I just think it's not the same kinda hunger that Anderson will have in there

Comment

Martin was knocked out by 50 old Ortiz. That is much worse test than Kossobutskiy would be.

Comment

Working...
                X