Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson To Face Charles Martin On July 1; Visa Issue Knocks Kossobutskiy Out Of Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like King CM. He is making a good show of himself being a valuable gatekeeper. There will always be a need for his services.

Comment

HW suck so bad that a mediocre fighter like Jared Anderson is considered a good fighter lol

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
        My only criticism is that Jared defense is sloppy at times, but he still show the most promise since Mike Tyson in 84. The thing I like about Jared is that he appears to be hungry and a gym rat and that's what it takes to be great! I will be ringside like I was when MIke took my team mate Jeff Thompson off his feet in the PAL Nationals in Niagra Falls, NY in 84.
        What section you in. I have 4th row floor tics

Comment

Known? Yes. Accomplished? Absolutely not.

Comment

Better opponent period

Comment

Good Step-Up fight for Anderson! Hope TR steps up the competition for Shu-Shu Carrington too! BK Stand Up!

Comment

All these guys running off on PBC SAD

Comment

Don't know much about the original opponent but Martin coming in has me a little more excited for the matchup.

Part of me always roots for Martin, guess he's a sentimental favorite of mine. He's a big, powerful southpaw. He's several small moments away from having a much different career. He narrowly lost to Kownacki in a fight where he was coming on at the end and the Pole looked to be on last legs. He was doing very well against Ortiz until he got tired and complacent.

Anderson should win this one but he can't take Martin lightly. Provided Jared wins, it will be a very nice name on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
                    This will be a real test for Anderson, who needs a few "name" fights at this point. That said, it is a dangerous fight. Martin was cruising to a win vs Luis Ortiz when Ortiz's skills and experience showed ... Martin was a little careless and he paid. Ortiz and Martin are battle-tested experienced pros at this point. Anyone fighting either of those guys is gonna have to bring it. I think this will be an important first BIG step for Jared. If Martin comes in with the resolve he has mentioned and sharply trained, this will be a real test for Jared Anderson. I believe Jared is up to the challenge (Kossobutskiy was a dangerous fight also).

This may end up being one of the best HW fights this year.

Martin has long since stepped it up after the Joshua embarrassment, where he wasn't trained and in proper shape .... nor properly prepared. That was a rush to the big bucks, and it cost him a lot. Since then he has gradually become a very solid HW contender. Ortiz derailed his momentum (I thought he won the Kownacki fight over the second half).

It's a great and dangerous step-up for Anderson. We'll begin to learn if Anderson can repeat his performances from the amateurs against top 15 competition. Pulling for the class of the Glass City (but I like who Martin has become too). Expecting a great show .... I'll be there.
                    I had kownacki beating him but the scores were way to wide. He won it by a round or two imo but Martin showed grit in that fight an he rallied back and the Ortiz fight he was winning that aswell just got caught with a monster punch that just finished him. Saying that tho I think this will be a statement win for Anderson and I think he'll get rid of Martin in the first 6 rounds. Just way to fresh,fast,heavy handed for Martin at this point but it's a good name to have on the record going forward beating a former champion these are the kinda fights Anderson needs to have now and just keep stepping it up in every fight
                    MastaBlasta MastaBlasta likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SN!PER
                      Big Baby gets him out of there faster than King Kong Ortiz did.
                      King Kong was knocked down by a jab and down once more and very lucky to get by in that one . It wouldn’t matter if he gets him out faster or not he shouldn’t remotely struggle like that . I just notice on this forum they like using a faster stoppage as a gage to who’s better as if boxing works like that ? Guarantee if Martin lasts longer theres certain posters on here that’ll be bigging Ortiz up once again . Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X