Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caroline Dubois Explains Why Oleksandr Uysk vs. Daniel Dubois is 50-50 Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Toffee 'You'd think people would have learnt by now that you don't judge someone on one fight.'

Lets take away DDD being beaten down & stopped by JJJ. What other fights has DDD won that make you think he could, conceivably, stand a chance against a world champion? Because, I must be honest, I can't see one win that lifts him remotely onto this level. As we all know, boxing is about levels. So far as I can see you're looking at Nathan Gorman, whose obesity has rendered him an easy target even at British level, Kingpin Johnson who, to put it mildly wasn't coming to win & Kevin Lerena, who is, what? And that deserves a shot at a World Title?

Comment

Also, I like deathofaclown's comment. People are giving both Dillian & DDD a chance on the basis that they'll 'swarm' Usyk. Neither man has ever swarmed anybody, in their lives, ever. If you think you can turn any large H/W into Frazier or Marciano or even Hurricane Jackson you are so wrong!
      JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

This will be un easy night for Usyk.

The only chance for DDD is going for a KO victory in first rounds, but after that he will gas out.

This fact has nothing to do with Usyk - Chisora fight. Ok, Chisora was tough customer, but he won 3 rounds and lost the fight. I salute him for losing to Usyk.

I like DDD, but Joyce and Lerena fights showed me enough. he can`t beat elites.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

only 3 fights ago
          Dude, that's 3 years ago.

He's beat the hell out of AJ twice since then & is a full HW now.
          JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

People forgetting that Chisora made Usyk work - and Dubois is a lot better than Chisora.
            That was Chisora's last real hoorah vs a guy who was much smaller and new to the division. Dubois isn't that type of fighter, and he's apparently fragile. I don't see where the evidence exists that he's "a lot better than Chisora". I think the Chisora that fought Usyk would've beaten Dubois.

Comment

Working...
            X