Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Batters Faiga Opelu, Scores 1st Round Technical Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
    Parker was the hardest fight for AJ before he got kod. Parker was destroyed by JJ that was tkod by zhang...Imagine Zhang vs AJ lol
    Parker had his moments & landed some hard clean shots throughout the fight. I didn’t see him getting destroyed. It went 11 rounds & Parker was exhausted. He also could have been in better shape as he was a career heaviest. Destroyed is what Wilder did to Helenius…
    Last edited by joe strong; 05-25-2023, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post

You do realize absolutely none of this disputes the point, right? Someone claimed Parker can't go 12, I disagreed, you jumped in, I laid out why I disagreed..and now you're talking about things that have nothing to do with it.

"Oh but Chisora was shot!". "But Fa didn't make Parker work!". Keep moving the goalposts - I'm sure you'll settle on something soon.

Now, since you're really digging a hole about concussion in the Whyte fight - Parker himself spoke about the concussion and the effects of it back in August 2018:

Parker revealed to the Herald yesterday the extent of the concussion injury in the second round caused by the illegal headbutt from Whyte which put him on the canvas at London's O2 Arena.

The 26-year-old New Zealander didn't look himself in the ring as he struggled to recover.

"Yesterday was the first day I haven't had thumping headaches but I had an MRI scan and the doctor said there were no blood clots or any injuries," Parker said.

"There was one part of the fight when I said to myself to throw the right and the left hook which I did, but I felt like I was punching in slow motion and I thought 'what the hell's happening here'?"

On top of that, multiple people around Parker have spoken about and confirmed he was concussed. I might add to that - you diagnosing whether or not he had a concussion from your couch, is about as useful as what you've contributed here.

You've got two choices here dude - double down with whatever you can scramble together, which based on what you've said so far, is irrelevant. Or, take it on the chin (and hope you don't get concussed, because you won't know what it is).
      It matters very much. The point was, Parker hasn't been able to keep a good pace for 12 rounds when there is someone in the ring with him that isn't shot or a complete pastie. You then gave me a list of fights to try and disprove this. I pointed out why he was able to look like he was doing better in some fights over others. It's pretty simple. It isn't just my opinion. It's the opinion of most to where Parker's problems lay. There are even people on YT claiming that Parker is finally coming into his prime and clicking with his trainer in Andy Lee because he knocked out a complete bum. Go and see for yourself. Then look at the people pointing out the obvious to why he knocked out the complete turkey and not others.

As for Parker coming out days after the fight and using it as an excuse. Of course he'd use that excuse. Many extremists used it to downplay Whyte as they picked Parker to win. I even kept an eye out for when Parker and his team would see all this online then use it to justify him losing. And hey presto, there it appears like clockwork. I saw and heard what i was anticipating.

There are clear signs when someone has an actual concussion. Tony Bellew against Usyk is an example. Parker in no way had any of these symptoms. None. He was speaking clearly after the fight and made zero mention of anything about feeling dizzy or confused. Not even his team said a thing. But as soon as they looked online to see what people were saying about the fight... Boom. He had a concussion. Sorry, but it's bullshlt. But if you want to think otherwise to make another excuse for him for whatever reason. Then fine. Please do. It isn't a problem with me. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

For the record, i quite like you and think of you as one of the sane ones on here amongst the crazies that can have an actual rational conversation. However, it seems we're in disagreement. So, i'll respectfully agree to disagree. It isn't a big deal for me.

Take care.

Comment

Yes! Great win for Parker!

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post

You do realize absolutely none of this disputes the point, right? Someone claimed Parker can't go 12, I disagreed, you jumped in, I laid out why I disagreed..and now you're talking about things that have nothing to do with it.

"Oh but Chisora was shot!". "But Fa didn't make Parker work!". Keep moving the goalposts - I'm sure you'll settle on something soon.

Now, since you're really digging a hole about concussion in the Whyte fight - Parker himself spoke about the concussion and the effects of it back in August 2018:

Parker revealed to the Herald yesterday the extent of the concussion injury in the second round caused by the illegal headbutt from Whyte which put him on the canvas at London's O2 Arena.

The 26-year-old New Zealander didn't look himself in the ring as he struggled to recover.

"Yesterday was the first day I haven't had thumping headaches but I had an MRI scan and the doctor said there were no blood clots or any injuries," Parker said.

"There was one part of the fight when I said to myself to throw the right and the left hook which I did, but I felt like I was punching in slow motion and I thought 'what the hell's happening here'?"

On top of that, multiple people around Parker have spoken about and confirmed he was concussed. I might add to that - you diagnosing whether or not he had a concussion from your couch, is about as useful as what you've contributed here.

You've got two choices here dude - double down with whatever you can scramble together, which based on what you've said so far, is irrelevant. Or, take it on the chin (and hope you don't get concussed, because you won't know what it is).
          i wouldn't bother mate, that guy is complete loon. only time he ever posts is when he see's someone say something he perceives as negative towards British fighters, he's absolutely off his rocker.
          KillaCamNZ KillaCamNZ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
            At least we know Fury's next opponent...Faiga Opelu.

Comes as a dark horse choice, but a strategic plan if prepping for Usyk. Outside of the Joshua wins, Usyk's best claim to fame is gaining the nod over Briedis, which Opelu repeated.

Comment

Working...
            X