Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Tank-Stevenson: To Put Tremendous Guarantees To Make a Couple of Dollars - Why Do It?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the one hand one is infuriated with Arum and him not sounding keen on making big fights in this era.

On the other hand; it makes business sense for promoters, that fighters should take a reasonable guarantee, and a percentage of how the fight does at the gate and PPV.

I'm guessing that Top Rank didn't make much money with Crawford, as outstanding a talent that he is.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

King might have been the central figure but he straight up phucked every single fighter he was ever involved with.
      Technically that is true and Bob Arum followed. However, how was Don King ever going to sign these fighters if not for the promise of a fool's gold?

Comment

But if Tank signed with Top Rank I bet the fight would suddenly, magically get made.

I hate that old piece of sh-t Arum. He cares more about controlling the sport than about seeing it be healthy and grow and thrive.

Comment

forgot this bullsh** about Shakur calling "everybody out"... his Promoter has to agree & write the contract up. Pitbull, Tank, Zepeda ain't ducking paper boy

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            But if Tank signed with Top Rank I bet the fight would suddenly, magically get made.

I hate that old piece of sh-t Arum. He cares more about controlling the sport than about seeing it be healthy and grow and thrive.
            Couldn’t that realistically be said about every promotional entity of all time?

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

Couldn’t that realistically be said about every promotional entity of all time?
              Not necessarily. Hearn tried to get Andrade a Charlo fight even if it meant that it would be held on the PBC side of the street.

PBC let Andy Ruiz go over to Hearn to fight for the belts against Joshua.

Top Rank on the other hand won’t allow Jose Ramirez or Teofimo or Barboza to fight Regis Prograis for his belt. He won’t let Beterbiev unify with Bivol. And he isn’t interested in letting Shakur challenge for Tank’s belt. Bob Arum is by far the biggest cancer in the sport.

Comment

The Bobfather acting like any other greedy fugh

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

The Bobfather acting like any other greedy fugh
                  Naw, he’s the greediest. Still waiting on that Beterbiev vs Bivol unification and now he says why make Tank vs Shakur Stevenson.

Comment

Naw, he’s the greediest. Still waiting on that Beterbiev vs Bivol unification and now he says why make Tank vs Shakur Stevenson.
                    Sulaiman gives him good competition

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

It’s a good thing Bud left Top Rank and we got to watch him fight Spence…
                      Coming Soon! I have faith!

Comment

Working...
                      X