No announcement yet.

Canelo is done as elite fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo is done as elite fighter

No way this guy beats Bivol or Benavidez.

His killer instinct is gone, body movement is gone.

Canelo is a f.ucking statue at this point.

he can only win if he keeps on fighting all Ryders.
    Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 05-06-2023, 11:19 PM.

Still elite just getting old now as a fighter.

Comment

I agree

Comment

He's almost just a come forward brawler now. No way he beats Bivol and Benavidez is 50-50.
        Last edited by 786; 05-07-2023, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Keep wishing haters

Comment

Bivol whoops Nelo's ass @ 168 or 175 ...

Comment

He does appear to be past his best, but he still seems nearly impossible to hurt. If you can't thoroughly outbox him, you aren't going to beat him.

Comment

plenty more brits to feast on.

Comment

He’s lost a lot of the things that made him an elite fighter. He still is, and given Benavidez performance vs Plant, I think Canelo should beat him. Agree with Bivol, Canelo should stay away. In fact, a prime Canelo wouldn’t beat Bivol. He’s too small, and now he’s a smaller fighter on the decline. Canelo needs to put his pride aside here. That’s just too big and too good of a fighter. If Canelo was 6’ and started his career at 168, yes. But he’s 5’7”, former WW, looks soft in the mid section at 175. Too bloated, too small, just stay away. If it took him 11 rounds to KO a drunk Kovalev, he isn’t beating Bivol.

As I have stated in another post, these are the things I noticed:

Upper body/head movement, and blocking is no longer there.

Left hook is gone, likely due to injury.

Punches looked weak after 6-7 rounds vs Bivol, GGG III, and Ryder. His stamina issues is catching up to his power.

Killer instinct is gone.

Canelo should fight Benavidez next. That’s still a winnable fight because Benavidez still looks lost in there vs an even decent boxer like Plant, with no punching power. Went 12 with him? Yeah, Canelo can take him.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
                    Bivol whoops Nelo's ass @ 168 or 175 ...
                    Dont need a calculator to figure that out, Bivols size and movement is just too much, speed is Canelos weakness all day long

Comment

Working...
                    X