Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wouldn't Usyk take 50-50 in the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Yes, its continuing the route layed down by floyd, and now spence v bud, and now fury. I cant envisage Ali being like this, he wanted to beat Liston, Frasier and Foreman and everyone, money werent too involved in discussions i bet.
    No, it is unprecedented from Tyson Fury.

Floyd Mayweather Junior, Terrence Crawford, Erroll Spence Junior are all better Champions to date than Fury 'Crawford has been a Undisputed Champion'.

Floyd Mayweather Junior has had over 28 Championship fights in total.

I have never witnessed a elite fighter within this modern boxing era 'Behave the way Fury does as a Champion, not to this level'.

Since he has been Champion, fight after fight 'It is extremely difficult for his nearest competition to fight him'.

I rate Tyson Fury as a fighter 'But as a Champion, I don't rate him very highly'.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-25-2023, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Fury seems scared of rematch. Fury s getting 70-30 and maybe if he beats usy k badly, usy k won't want a rematch even. So why not just sign for fight? Think about rematch when and if it comes

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
        Tyson Fury is not fighting Usyk next, and it also looks like he is not fighting on April 29th.

So who exactly is Fury going to fight next? I think this is the question people need to be asking now.

I really don't think Tyson Fury likes being a Champion, definitely does not enjoy all the requirements and expectations.

Fury as a Champion seems to be all about games. Fury has already played the pretend retirement game, so now what is left?

I can honestly envision Fury vacating his WBC belt, and claiming that he no longer needs a belt 'I would not quite understand the reasoning behind this move, but I know for a fact? That there are people reading this post, who can also envision this move being played'.

I have always been adamant, that Tyson Fury does not like being a Champion. The man much more prefers to be a underdog, Fury does not like or enjoy the pressures that a Champion must compete under 'I don't think he excels or is enthusiastic about the lifestyle of a Champion'.

Since Tyson Fury has become Champion, fight after fight 'It has been extremely difficult for his nearest competition to fight him, it is unprecedented'.

I have never seen a elite Champion, with so few World Championship fights and titles defenses behave in such a way. It is also unprecedented the way large sections of the boxing world allow this behavior, from the hardcore fans to the media.

Tyson Fury is a great fighter, in today's era of fighters 'But as a Champion, I don't rate him very highly'.

Agree with what you say about Fury's actions but not the reason.

I think he really likes being Champion. That's why he's prepared to take risks to get there. He went to Germany, he fought Wilder when he was nowhere near ready.

But once he's got the belt, he's taking no chances unless he's absolutely forced to. It's taken a mandatory and a judge's order to get him in the ring with half decent fighters.

I called it last​​​​​​ week that it would be completely out of character for him to fight Usyk. He tries to avoid any tough defence - why would he suddenly voluntarily take one?

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

I think he really likes being Champion. That's why he's prepared to take risks to get there. He went to Germany, he fought Wilder when he was nowhere near ready.

But once he's got the belt, he's taking no chances unless he's absolutely forced to. It's taken a mandatory and a judge's order to get him in the ring with half decent fighters.

I called it last​​​​​​ week that it would be completely out of character for him to fight Usyk. He tries to avoid any tough defence - why would he suddenly voluntarily take one?
          Maybe he likes the 'Title of a Champion' what fighter wouldn't ?

But with that title comes a set of requirements, tenets that a fighter must adhere to 'THIS is precisely what Tyson Fury does not like, so therefore I am still adamant that he does not like being a Champion'.

And at some point he may just decide to vacate his WBC belt, to then claim that he does not need a title.

It is unprecedented, I have never witnessed a elite Champion with so few Championship fights 'Behave this way'.

Note: I watched a interview just before with David Price, and he has stated similar things to what you are saying. Actually Price listed himself as a fighter Fury tactically avoided at a certain point in time 'But that is professional boxing, good match making is about steering your fighter along a path'.

I have always credited Tyson Fury career as being a result of really good match making. As Price stated, the professional game is about who you fight 'But also about who you don't fight'.

If Fury was not as matched so astutely, Price may have ****** him out, David Haye may have ****** him out as well.

And maybe the timing of this undisputed fight with Usyk, was not quite or enough in Tyson Fury's favor.

I am just interested in who Tyson Fury is going to fight next? Price also thinks that it would be out of character for Fury to fight Joyce.

I have my own idea's regarding that fight, but that is another topic.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            He did v AJ and he was holding 3 belts for the rematch

Also don't say "he deserves more because he has 3 belts" - it means nothing financially

Usyk will find out how much his belts are worth when he fights Dubois for a few million. Devin Haney has 4 and will probably fight earn a few million at best too.

Usyk should have accepted. That rematch was a fair deal.
            because ***** is trying to conquer his nation.

he needs all the money he can get to stave off the wagner group.

wtf is the matter with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Your posts proves that Fury does not like being a Champion.

Becoming a Champion, is not being a Champion.

Being a Champion, is taking on all comers, fighting your mandatory, fighting your nearest competition.

Since Fury has become Champion, it has been extremely difficult for his nearest competition to actually fight him 'That is a 1000% fact'.

I am still adamant, and have always been adamant that Tyson Fury does not like being a Champion.

You know that he fought Wilder, because stylistically he thought Wilder was a easier fight than Joshua 'This is not a bad thing, that is good match making'.

And of course Tyson Fury went to Germany to fight Kiltschko 'Where else was he going to go, he was the challenger'.

Anthony Joshua fought Wladimir Kiltschko on home turf, in-front of 80'000+ fans 'And this was Joshua's 19th professional fight'.

For me that is a more of daunting task, than being a underdog in away country fighting for a title 'It is easier being a underdog, because the only pressure you have is the pressure you put on yourself mainly' Nobody expects much from you.

For me one of the reasons why Fury acts the way he does as a Champion, is because of the pressure 'Fury can handle the pressure, but these games and being difficult to actually fight is how he handles this pressure'.

Comment

Working...
              X