Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Confident Stephen Fulton Will Shock Naoya Inoue, Retain Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Confident Stephen Fulton Will Shock Naoya Inoue, Retain Titles

For the first time in the career of Stephen Fulton, he's viewed as a definitive underdog. In a showdown that will be announced in short order, the Philadelphia native is expected to mosey on over to Japan to take on current pound-for-pound luminary, Naoya Inoue. Before inking his name to the dotted line to face Fulton, Inoue (24-0, 21 KOs) has sliced through his competition.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The article sounds dramatic

Comment

“I’m rocking with Scooter,” said Ennis to BoxingScene.com “He’s not gonna let a smaller guy come up and take his belts.”

I don't think it's that simple. Not very deep analysis by boots.

Comment

It's going to be a great fight. The boxing fans win

Comment

I'm rocking with "Boots" & "Scooter!" Philly Stand Up! These YGs should make y'all proud!

Comment

What's the point of an article like this? Ennis is buddies with Fulton. Obtain an unbiased, honest and insightful analysis of a fight by asking a neutral observer. Very predictable.

Comment

Jaron is letting his friendship cloud his analysis. It's normal , you should support your friends. I like Fulton but I don't think that he's going to beat Inoue.
              After The Monster beats him, Fulton can still make some money rematching Figueroa. That was a dynamite fight and I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't want to see it again.

Comment

Somebody has a new Thesaurus , it's not everyday that you'll see the word sagacious in a boxing article. Take it easy on us , I'm from Mississippi, we aren't used to those three dollar words. I derned near had to use The Google Machine on that one.

Comment

Normally, I would never bet against Inoue, not at 118. At 122, I don't know how he'll look and how his power will carry. I also don't know if he'll be able to find Fulton often enough and clean enough to be able to win against him. Butler had Inoue a little frustrated at times, and he's nowhere near as skilled as Fulton.I also don't know if he'll be able to hurt Fulton like he hurt the guys down at 118. Fulton is something different. He has a solid chin and a very complex style, because he can do anything at anytime and can change up instantly. He's good at boxing, counterpunching, and brawling. He's brave but also very smart. Don't think he can't crack when he wants to. He's not a light puncher. He can keep u outisde or fight u in close. He can fight every style of boxing, and that makes him a great fighter. Unless someone can knock Fulton out cold, it's very possible that he may never lose, and retire undefeated
                  Last edited by archiemoore1; 03-19-2023, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I odds of 2:1 for Fulton mean that he isn't a DEFINITIVE underdog. Currently Naoya is a slight favourite to win.

I'd actually have the odds so as Fulton is a slight favorite. Pretty sure the only person who Inoue has fought that is taller then Fulton is Nonito - and that's by 1/2 inch. Fulton has a 2" reach advantage on Nonito. Nonito was 37 years old in the first fight. Fulton is going to be 28.

Donaire probably punches harder then Fulton but seems to me that Fulton is the better boxer. Don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying Fulton's in ring weight is a few pounds more than Donaire's.

So for context.

Fulton is the heaviest in ring weight that Inoue has fought
                    Fulton is most likely the best boxer that Inoue has fought
                    Fulton has the longest reach that Inoue has fought
                    Fulton is the 2nd tallest that Inoue has fought.
                    Fulton is the unified champion at a new weight class for Fulton.

2-1 is looking like real good odds to these eyes.

Oh, and somebody on NSB please tell Hans TheMistake to write proper articles - not fabricated junk based off 2 sentence quotes. More Cory Erdman and less TheMistake.

Comment

Working...
                    X