Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Confident Stephen Fulton Will Shock Naoya Inoue, Retain Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your competitive juices have ever been unlikely to be placated, you will know this is true.

Comment

As technically sound as as Fulton is, Inoue is just as good if not better, along with being more aggressive with heavy hands. Fulton is not a big puncher and if he can't hurt Inoue, Inoue will eventually find him and run him over. Even with the possible size advantage, just don't believe he will be able to box good enough to keep Inoue off of him for 12 rounds.

Comment

Fulton better establish that jab early and often. Make Inoue respect the size and length advantage. I have Inoue winning -- but his KO power probably stops with Fulton. I doubt Fulton is dumb enough to get into exchanges with the Monster. And CBS is pretty sound defensively to make this fight go the distance.

But damn, Inoue's speed and power is on another level. A part of me also thinks Inoue is just going to blast Fulton out of the ring. Such a 50/50 fight. Props to both fighters for taking it.
        Last edited by SlyB33r; 03-19-2023, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
          As technically sound as as Fulton is, Inoue is just as good if not better, along with being more aggressive with heavy hands. Fulton is not a big puncher and if he can't hurt Inoue, Inoue will eventually find him and run him over. Even with the possible size advantage, just don't believe he will be able to box good enough to keep Inoue off of him for 12 rounds.
          I don't think Fulton is that technically sound at all. He lunges and is off balance with so many of his punches.

Comment

Going to be a good fight, but Fulton is just too skilled and defensively responsible. Steph's offense is also limitless in the different looks he gives and the adjustments made on the fly. Unless Inoue is stronger than Figueroa, which I seriously doubt, Fulton's chin can take the small amount of punches the Monster might land, and respond with precise counters and movement. Inoue will be alright, its just one loss, and to one of the most talented fighters in the lower divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              I'm taking the monster in this one. Fulton is all that, but Figs was in his face all night. No disrespect for Figueroa, but he can't box worth spit. If Fulton can crack, Figs didn't notice.
              Figueroa has one of the best chins in boxing, that's the only way he has survived and excelled fighting the type of style that he does. Brandon's head was snapping back all night, but he always is going to just keep coming forward. We don't know if Inoue can take clean punches like that, but we shall soon see.

Comment

Working...
              X