Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Confident Stephen Fulton Will Shock Naoya Inoue, Retain Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
    Normally, I would never bet against Inoue, not at 118. At 122, I don't know how he'll look and how his power will carry. I also don't know if he'll be able to find Fulton often enough and clean enough to be able to win against him. I also don't know if he'll be able to hurt Fulton like he hurt the guys down at 118. Fulton is something different. He has a solid chin and a very complex style, because he can do anything at anytime and can change up instantly. He's good at boxing, counterpunching, and brawling. He can keep u outisde or fight u in close. He can fight every style of boxing and that makes him a great fighter. Unless someone can knock Fulton out cold, it's possible he may never lose, and retire undefeated
    See my post above. Pretty much concur with you except when boxers keep jumping weight they will find their match. I'd think that Fulton can fight at least at 130. Peak Loma at 130 or Stevenson of last year would be too much for him I feel.
    Bornboxingfan Bornboxingfan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      I'm rocking with "Boots" & "Scooter!" Philly Stand Up! These YGs should make y'all proud!
      CB-Steph going to Japan to be great. Maybe Boots needs to think about how he can be great. If Jermell-Tszyu doesn't get made or even if it does and somehow Tim ends up as 154 champ then I'd like to see Boots vs Tim - he could come in at 152 and still win - so he could get back down to 147 afterwards

Comment

I'm taking the monster in this one. Fulton is all that, but Figs was in his face all night. No disrespect for Figueroa, but he can't box worth spit. If Fulton can crack, Figs didn't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

CB-Steph going to Japan to be great. Maybe Boots needs to think about how he can be great. If Jermell-Tszyu doesn't get made or even if it does and somehow Tim ends up as 154 champ then I'd like to see Boots vs Tim - he could come in at 152 and still win - so he could get back down to 147 afterwards
          First things first, the IBF WW Champion! After that, Winner of Stanionis vs. Ortiz Jr., or Bud Crawford! When he goes to 154, he's not coming back! His target has always been Errol Spence Jr.! If he can't get him @ 147, he'll chase him @ 154 too!

Comment

It's a real pickem fight 50/50 depends how inoue performs at 122 I saw some idiot on YouTube say its 80/20 in Fultons favour I had a field day with him.

Comment

I'm a Monster, monster fan, but I've always preferred fultons style of fighting, so I'd actually like to to see a close 12 round fight, draw maybe, I feel Inoue will stop fulton early or late, the monsters trajectory to greatest can not be stoped.

Boots face looks very fat, not saying no smoke is a weight bully though.
              Last edited by Knuckle sandwich; 03-19-2023, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
                Somebody has a new Thesaurus , it's not everyday that you'll see the word sagacious in a boxing article. Take it easy on us , I'm from Mississippi, we aren't used to those three dollar words. I derned near had to use The Google Machine on that one.
                Good point! Maybe the writer will take your wise advice or should I say "sagacious" advice.
                Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Somebody has a new Thesaurus , it's not everyday that you'll see the word sagacious in a boxing article. Take it easy on us , I'm from Mississippi, we aren't used to those three dollar words. I derned near had to use The Google Machine on that one.
                  I've actually seen this word once before on the forum, made my head feel dizzy had to look it up, you live and and learn.

Comment

You are being too modest about Mississippi and words. Think Faulkner, Tennesse Williams Eudora Welty, Richard Wright, John Grisham, Shelby Foote...the list of great Mississippi goes is very long.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                      Normally, I would never bet against Inoue, not at 118. At 122, I don't know how he'll look and how his power will carry. I also don't know if he'll be able to find Fulton often enough and clean enough to be able to win against him. Butler had Inoue a little frustrated at times, and he's nowhere near as skilled as Fulton.I also don't know if he'll be able to hurt Fulton like he hurt the guys down at 118. Fulton is something different. He has a solid chin and a very complex style, because he can do anything at anytime and can change up instantly. He's good at boxing, counterpunching, and brawling. He's brave but also very smart. Don't think he can't crack when he wants to. He's not a light puncher. He can keep u outisde or fight u in close. He can fight every style of boxing, and that makes him a great fighter. Unless someone can knock Fulton out cold, it's very possible that he may never lose, and retire undefeated
                      Well said. Also Inoue is arriving in this weight class without a tune up fight.
                      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X