Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Says Fight With Teofimo Lopez Is 'Bigger' and 'Harder' Than Catterall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are you trying to justify it? Catterall is an example of a guy that has your number. Own it. Stop excusing it. It will make you stronger.

Comment

I would be surprised if Teofimo wins this.

Comment

Taylor never wanted the Catterall rematch, he was basically forced into it by public opinion.

Has he presented the medical proof of that foot injury that WBO ordered? That injury that happened at the same time he was involved in deep discussions about. Lopez fight?

Quack quack

Comment

Don't like Lopez at all, think he is an idiot and vastly overrated , loved it when the aussie humbled him but I really hope he brutally ko's this disgraceful ducker.

Two fighters with zero form and all the shine they once had completely gone, can't say I care that much about either of these clowns.
          BlackRobb BlackRobb Sosay Sosay like this.

Comment

Battle of the has beens. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Two guys who captured our imagination and then got drunk on their own Koolaid. Taylor, at least, had a good run in the WBSS. He should be able to beat Teo, and it’s absolutely not a harder fight than Catterall. That guy is all wrong for Taylor.

Comment

'On the eve of the Catterall match I emailed a buddy from Scotland about his view on how it would go. A huge Taylor fan, he was very worried on the outcome given the rumors of less than stellar focus, arrogance and approach of Taylor, who by that time (early 2022) seemed more focused on the pub and living off his accolades than on moving forward to bigger, greater things. His words were eerily resounding, given the ultimate outcome.'

Well, TBH, that sounds about right. Taylor could beat Catterall easily if he trained right & lived right but he probably won't. Taylor can also beat Teofimo if he trains right & lives right & he has massively more reason to be motivated. I'm concerned whether Taylor can make 140 safely, but he will certainly not train in the pub for Teofimo. Josh will be ON for Teofimo where he just couldn't be ON for Catterall.​

Comment

Hahaha hahaha, get your $ Taylor. No one besides your die hard fans believe you at all. You lost but got a gift and now you're trying to cash out before someone ko's you. Stay away from 147 and duck those rematch's and you may be able to milk it a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded Terror View Post

Its funny. On the eve of the Catterall match I emailed a buddy from Scotland about his view on how it would go. A huge Taylor fan, he was very worried on the outcome given the rumors of less than stellar focus, arrogance and approach of Taylor, who by that time (early 2022) seemed more focused on the pub and living off his accolades than on moving forward to bigger, greater things. His words were eerily resounding, given the ultimate outcome.

BTW, this rabid Taylor fan had Jack winning 9 rounds.
                  I knew once I saw Catterall was training in Vegas at Floyd's gym that he'd be pure trouble for Taylor. Jack wasn't roasting marshmallows at Floyd's gym. I don't think anyone at 140 will have any easy time with Catterall. Taylor knows he can't beat him. A mentally weak opponent like Teofimo is a much more winnable fight.
                  Last edited by BlackRobb; 02-19-2023, 10:41 PM.

Comment

That's what she sáid

Comment

Teo is looking mentally weak but so is Taylor. Bad as Teo has looked in his last two, Taylor isn’t exactly brimming with confidence either. Taylor hasn’t fought in a year and for all practical purposes, he’s coming off a loss.

i would not be shocked to see Lopez win this.
                      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X