Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith On Team Eubank's Elbow Claim: Nobody Believes You; You're Embarrassing Yourself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith On Team Eubank's Elbow Claim: Nobody Believes You; You're Embarrassing Yourself

Liam Smith dismissed the claims from Chris Eubank's handlers that Smith's inadvertent albeit illegal elbow buzzed Eubank before any of Smith's punches put him down Saturday night in Manchester, England. Roy Jones Jr., Eubank's trainer, first suggested in the immediate aftermath of Smith's stunning TKO victory that Smith's
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's the Deontay Wilder defense! Some clowns can't accept defeat. Lying to themselves while coming off looking like fools to the boxing public.

Comment

Not a fan of any boxer, I'm a fan of the sport. Haven't paid much attention to "elbowing" in all my years being a fan, yet I did notice it in this fight. Didn't watch the entire fight, but it's evident in the last round when Junior was about to go down. Using elbows is dirty, it becomes personal. But that's not why he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
        It's the Deontay Wilder defense! Some clowns can't accept defeat. Lying to themselves while coming off looking like fools to the boxing public.
        I'm no fan of Eublanks, I dislike him. But he was clearly elbowed. The way the arm was thrown and followed through, clear upon review. Pro's do this, I was taught to do this by a former domestic champion I trained along side with at my old gym

Originally posted by Liam Smith
        They are clutching at straws. As much as it might be a shock for people to see Chris sitting on his backside like that, just take it on the chin. You lost, you got stopped. Come back from it. Nobody believes you. You’re embarrassing yourself.​
        I believe the fight should be overturned to a NC. Not sure if this was intended or not, but it happened and unless you've been elbowed or heabutted in competition, you don't really know how bad it hurts. I've had it happen to me during the semi's of a Golden Gloves tournament. I have tape of the fight and the incident is clear and caught on film - it didn't look like I was hurt at all, but I was seeing stars 100%. Chris looked hurt after the elbow and he's professional. That says a lot.
        Kzbox Kzbox likes this.

Comment

Jr and Octomom Benn both get more embarrassing by the hour.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
            Exactly this…

Comment

Originally posted by ßykeryder View Post
              Not a fan of any boxer, I'm a fan of the sport. Haven't paid much attention to "elbowing" in all my years being a fan, yet I did notice it in this fight. Didn't watch the entire fight, but it's evident in the last round when Junior was about to go down. Using elbows is dirty, it becomes personal. But that's not why he lost.
              How can you be a fan of the sport but not a fan of the athletes who compete in the sport? Without boxers, there is no boxing. Furthermore, there was no "elbowing" in the fight. I rewatched the last round multiple times in slow motion. Eubank clearly went down from punches. Nice theory though.
              Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

I'm no fan of Eublanks, I dislike him. But he was clearly elbowed. The way the arm was thrown and followed through, clear upon review. Pro's do this, I was taught to do this by a former domestic champion I trained along side with at my old gym

I believe the fight should be overturned to a NC. Not sure if this was intended or not, but it happened and unless you've been elbowed or heabutted in competition, you don't really know how bad it hurts. I've had it happen to me during the semi's of a Golden Gloves tournament. I have tape of the fight and the incident is clear and caught on film - it didn't look like I was hurt at all, but I was seeing stars 100%. Chris looked hurt after the elbow and he's professional. That says a lot.
                Mike Tyson was a Master at it!!!

NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ßykeryder View Post
                  I saw it too on wbn but I think Chris got wobbled before that so I don't think it would've made that much of a difference besides maybe taking a few more licks .

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Mike Tyson was a Master at it!!!
                    You mean Evander Holyfield?

Comment

Working...
                    X