Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith On Team Eubank's Elbow Claim: Nobody Believes You; You're Embarrassing Yourself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I laughed at this claim at first especially from somebody as cocky as Eubank i would expect some wilder like excuse but after watching the video in slow motion several times i believe the elbow really did have a serious impact as soon as that elbow landed watch Eubanks gloves they immediately drop and he is out of it. Not saying it should be overturned or anything but it is not entirely wrong.
    Stuntman Mike Stuntman Mike likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

You mean Evander Holyfield?
      Holyfield was the headbutt master. Mike was crazy with the elbows, even on the follow through on the uppercut!

NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

It was more of a forearm. And it was the left hook flush on the chin that really hurt Eubank in that sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Holyfield was the headbutt master. Mike was crazy with the elbows, even on the follow through on the uppercut!
          Holyfield had many tools in his arsenel lol. He did this regularly though which is the difference.

I have seen Tyson rotate his elbow vertically on the uppercut, but to say Mike was a dirty fighter on the regular, I'll disagree.

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          It was more of a forearm. And it was the left hook flush on the chin that really hurt Eubank in that sequence.
          Not really.

​​

Comment

You mean Evander Holyfield?
            He meant Andre Ward

Comment

Only Roy's name means anything to Eubank Jr. the rest has been negative and backwards .Under Roy Jr. has looked worse than ever , trapped between styles and looking like a very cheap version of Roy himself BUT the KO to Liam a career super welter has taken the decline to another level.... nothing against Liam a true pro. and ex super welter champion
              but you can't see Liam doing that to an elite middleweight/super middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

He meant Andre Ward
                True...so true!

Comment

Holyfield had many tools in his arsenel lol. He did this regularly though which is the difference.

I have seen Tyson rotate his elbow vertically on the uppercut, but to say Mike was a dirty fighter on the regular, I'll disagree.

Not really.

​​
                  You're contradicting yourself with those frames. The second frame shows the initial contact is the forearm and the elbow might've grazed the side of his head with the follow through from the hook which is somewhat visible in the third frame. If you watch it in "real time", it's clear Smith threw a hook and Eubank had his head down in a vulnerable position. There was no intentional foul. Eubank tried to dodge the shot and put himself in danger of getting hit with more than just the glove. That's on him. There's certainly not enough to overturn the decision. Some people, for whatever reason, just want to find a way to get Eubank out of a KO loss.
                  Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

You're contradicting yourself with those frames. The second frame shows the initial contact is the forearm and the elbow might've grazed the side of his head with the follow through from the hook which is somewhat visible in the third frame. If you watch it in "real time", it's clear Smith threw a hook and Eubank had his head down in a vulnerable position. There was no intentional foul. Eubank tried to dodge the shot and put himself in danger of getting hit with more than just the glove. That's on him. There's certainly not enough to overturn the decision. Some people, for whatever reason, just want to find a way to get Eubank out of a KO loss.
                    Well not exactly because you are insulating people said Smith did it on purpose which most people aren't claiming but watching the video it is pretty evident the elbow had an affect on the fight Eubank was already on **** street so it's up to opinion if he was robbed of the chance to recover. Maybe it had an affect on the outcome of the fight maybe it didn't but the elbow landed and Eubank was much worse off after it.
                    Last edited by Kzbox; 01-27-2023, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Just when there was some surprise and respect at how he eventually acted post fight, in ring.

Gradually even the post fight comments and tweets calling Liam boy, saying it was a once in a life time shot, he's tried to take all the credit away.

How the elbow stuff.

Classless.

Comment

Working...
                      X