Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith On Team Eubank's Elbow Claim: Nobody Believes You; You're Embarrassing Yourself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The elbow didn’t even land full force. The bottom portion of the glove landed first and hardest. Any other part that landed after that punch was a glancing blow at best. That’s not even what caused the damage! Eubank was already in trouble way before that happened and it was the uppercut that did him in. Not the elbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

Eubank was pulling back with his chin in the air the whole night and was defensively appalling.

He was trying to roll under punches miserably I might add and at some points even ducking below Smiths belt line in fact moments the aforementioned "elbow/forearm".

And due to this he happens to take a forearm when he partially deflected the hook off his glove/shoulder, I've watched it numerous times and in fact he's still got his right hand up after taking the alleged "elbow" and TRYING to be defensively responsible, rather than his "hands dropping in a strange fashion" but he fails and eats the uppercut right up the middle which is ultimately what opens him up properly for Smith to finish him...

Now I ain't denying the possibility of it having an affect on Chris but to imply it's the determining factor, it's just laughable and as delusion on the behalf of Eubank.

He hasn't looked good since linking up with RJJ, he's no RJJ MK2 and RJJ himself was defensively shocking, he just got away with it due to athleticism and when age and athleticism faded we saw that, Eubank is athletically gifted but in a completely different way...
      No he doesn't his hands drop immediately following that elbow i didn't see it live but watching in slow motion from a different angle it is pretty evident, i never once claimed Smith did it on purpose i was just simply saying it happened and it did damage to Eubank. I don't even think Eubank is very good myself just a decent domestic fighter who has regressed big time since hes been with RJJ but that's besides the point.

As i say maybe the elbow made no difference and he would of been finished regardless but the fact is an elbow landed and i blv it really put him out.

Comment

Working...
      X