Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith On Team Eubank's Elbow Claim: Nobody Believes You; You're Embarrassing Yourself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith throws a left hook that glances off Eubank's glove/shoulder and then his forearm brushes against Eubank's head, it's the follow up uppercut and hook that gets him in trouble this "elbowgate" is delusional, similar to Wilder and his "glovegate" BS.

Don't know why these "men" can't just accept defeat, it's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

You're contradicting yourself with those frames. The second frame shows the initial contact is the forearm and the elbow might've grazed the side of his head with the follow through from the hook which is somewhat visible in the third frame. If you watch it in "real time", it's clear Smith threw a hook and Eubank had his head down in a vulnerable position. There was no intentional foul. Eubank tried to dodge the shot and put himself in danger of getting hit with more than just the glove. That's on him. There's certainly not enough to overturn the decision. Some people, for whatever reason, just want to find a way to get Eubank out of a KO loss.
      When you watch it in motion, it tells my story, not yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Holyfield was the headbutt master. Mike was crazy with the elbows, even on the follow through on the uppercut!
        BX, you are so right! Those extended uppercuts, while Mike was leaping most of the time; knock your a$$ into next week! He twisted all the way through, punching through you!
        Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

For the first time ever I agree with 'Boro'. If you're going to say that wasn't a KO because an elbow also landed then Rocky Marciano never scored a knock out. Some boxers throw a lot & follow through with their arms & that. That doesn't diminish the KO blow. Smith knox Eubank TFO. End of. STFU

Comment

That elbow was brutal!!. Right on the temple. Looked intentional. Just telling it as it is, dont care either way. Since Eubanks ok its a good thing cause theres going to be mega interest in in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

When you watch it in motion, it tells my story, not yours.

Clutching at straws.

Comment

Losers and their excuses
                No one wants to hear them

Makes winning even more better

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post
                  Smith throws a left hook that glances off Eubank's glove/shoulder and then his forearm brushes against Eubank's head, it's the follow up uppercut and hook that gets him in trouble this "elbowgate" is delusional, similar to Wilder and his "glovegate" BS.

Don't know why these "men" can't just accept defeat, it's pathetic.
                  Listen man I’ve never once made an excuse for any fighter and I don’t even like Eubank u can see my posts before the fight. That elbow didn’t just “brush against Eubank head” it full on busted him, I don’t know if it’s because Eubank is such a nob ppl refuse to accept it or they didn’t watch the video.

we can agree to disagree but i know what my eyes show and that elbow/forearm put him out or its entirely coincidental its the exact moment after that his hands drop in a strange fashion and he’s no longer with it.
                  Last edited by Kzbox; 01-28-2023, 02:11 AM.
                  Yemen TheBoxingFan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    It was more of a forearm. And it was the left hook flush on the chin that really hurt Eubank in that sequence.
                    The elbow made his arms drop and take his balance ,the left uppercut took his legs away and dazed his eyes and the left hook finished him to the ground.

The shots prior to the left hook may have been recoverable but the left hook after the debilitating elbow(which caused a hematoma) sealed eubanks fate.

It happens in boxing but if the elbow was a glove instead he may have still been in the fight and rode the punches that followed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kzbox View Post

Listen man I’ve never once made an excuse for any fighter and I don’t even like Eubank u can see my posts before the fight. That elbow didn’t just “brush against Eubank head” it full on busted him, I don’t know if it’s because Eubank is such a nob ppl refuse to accept it or they didn’t watch the video.

we can agree to disagree but i know what my eyes show and that elbow/forearm put him out or its entirely coincidental its the exact moment after that his hands drop in a strange fashion and he’s no longer with it.
                      Eubank was pulling back with his chin in the air the whole night and was defensively appalling.

He was trying to roll under punches miserably I might add and at some points even ducking below Smiths belt line in fact moments the aforementioned "elbow/forearm".

And due to this he happens to take a forearm when he partially deflected the hook off his glove/shoulder, I've watched it numerous times and in fact he's still got his right hand up after taking the alleged "elbow" and TRYING to be defensively responsible, rather than his "hands dropping in a strange fashion" but he fails and eats the uppercut right up the middle which is ultimately what opens him up properly for Smith to finish him...

Now I ain't denying the possibility of it having an affect on Chris but to imply it's the determining factor, it's just laughable and as delusion on the behalf of Eubank.

He hasn't looked good since linking up with RJJ, he's no RJJ MK2 and RJJ himself was defensively shocking, he just got away with it due to athleticism and when age and athleticism faded we saw that, Eubank is athletically gifted but in a completely different way...

Comment

Working...
                      X