Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley: "Errol Spence Is Running From Terence Crawford"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Come to 147 and we can fight. 2. Get a belt at 147, then we can fight. 3. Fight Shawn Porter first, then we can fight. 4. Leave Bob Arum, then we can fight. 5. Let me clean up my side of the street first, then we can fight. 6. Blame Bob. [Oh wait...that no longer applies.] 7. You need to humble yourself and accept 35% or whatever we give you, then we can fight.

Comment

Earl 'The Duck' Spence
      Last edited by BlackRobb; 01-23-2023, 12:08 AM.
      ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I think they’re both equally at fault. Both want too much money IMO.

The fact that Crawford chose to go to BLK and Spence chose to fight Thurman confirms to me they’re both chasing the bag rather than legacy. Which is fine, but sucks for us fans.
        At this point don’t care anymore who’s at fault although I lean towards the PBC cause of prior ways of negotiating
        If it stirs some feathers , all the better
        Just would like to see this fight sooner than later à la Pac-May

Comment

Spence camp- all they had to do was offer a semi fair offer financially- to Crawford, and it was a done deal, No way they want it to happen, why get knocked out by Crawford? When you’re reaping millions engaging with far lesser opponents -Bud knows he wins and wants it bad- Spence camp offers illegitimate splits to ensure fight won’t get made.This is why UFC rules,their best match up every weekend while boxing continues its down slide , where ducking is rewarded and the norm
          ptek ptek Toscano Toscano like this.

Comment

I don't think these top fighters are scared of any other fighter, for the most part anyway, but they want enough reward for the risk.

They overprice themselves and theink they should get Mayweather money, or Canelo and Tyson Fury type deals. But that's rare that fighters get that kind of stratospheric money.
            BRaggles BRaggles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
              1. Come to 147 and we can fight.
              2. Get a belt at 147, then we can fight.
              3. Fight Shawn Porter first, then we can fight.
              ​​4. Leave Bob Arum, then we can fight.
              5. Let me clean up my side of the street first, then we can fight.
              6. Blame Bob. [Oh wait...that no longer applies.]
              7. You need to humble yourself and accept 35% or whatever we give you, then we can fight.
              Your so pissed your repeating yourself
              Get a hold of yourself
              lmfao

Comment

You can't change perception. Spence held up the fight for years without giving a F. It always looked like Haymon whispered something on his ear. 2 accidents later and he still didn't give a F, no sense of urgency despite Crawford leaving his promoter and all. As if he's got nine lives.
                ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Us as mere fans are only ever privy to media and bias from each side. Whilst I think it's impossible to categorically say precisely who is to blame, I personally believe it's Spence's side who are the primary cause of the delay.

Crawford could have done more to corroborate this theory by fighting maybe either Ennis or Ortiz instead of Avenaysan but, I guess that's a bit of a tall ask, it just doesn't happen in boxing anymore. I suppose Ennis and Ortiz should be fighting each other to throw themselves into the no.1 mix.

I remember seeing Spence's reaction after Bud KO'd porter, it was a clear "oh s***" and a swift exit. Yea its not solid evidence to be pointing the finger but it's probably the most valid info us mere spectators have.

Just sucks really, the stars dont align like this very often and it wont be long before this fight is beyond it's best before. I'd favor Bud sorta 60/40 but they just need to make the frigging fight!

Comment

This fight needs to be made. 50/50 split and let's go
                    ptek ptek Smash Smash w1cked w1cked like this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

At this point don’t care anymore who’s at fault although I lean towards the PBC cause of prior ways of negotiating
                      If it stirs some feathers , all the better
                      Just would like to see this fight sooner than later à la Pac-May
                      Same here, I don’t really the point the finger at either of them, I just stay out of it. The fanboys will always just blame the other guy anyway.
                      MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X