Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis-Hector Luis Garcia PPV Buy Rate To Come In Between 200K & 225K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post

True...But this article has no source. Not even a specific writer to stand by this bull**** post. All it is , is damage control for Glaser exposing the numbers.
    Glaser though?
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh View Post
      Even IF true. 200K is AWFUL. If Canelo, Floyd, Oscar, Tyson did that it would have been seen as a disaster.
      Depends on their guarantees. PPV and gate revenue for this fight was about $20m.

Purses were:

Tank: $1.5m
      Garcia: $350k

If 200k buys is true, coupled with the gate revenue, then those are the opposite of awful. Great numbers. Absolutely a profit.

Tank isn’t like Crawford, who demands $10m+ but sells 25k PPV’s.

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5

My point is I'm a casual fan but I bought the Ppv and tank did 225k buys
        Ok cool but I’m curious to know if it’s a fact and where did you get that number
        Thats all it is on my end
        You can bear with me that Cruz (Pit bull ) is way more recognizable even to the casual fan than Garcia and it still didn’t make those kinds of numbers

Comment

Can’t believe these fanboys get mad at PPV #’s. If it sold 60k it flopped and even if it sold 200k it’s still a flop. Tank been on PPV for some time now and he just isn’t the boxing star that PBC thought he was.

Watch Tank-Garcia sell 600-700k and these fans will argue that Tank brung those numbers while other will say Ryan Garcia brung those numbers. Make the fights the people want and sells. I’m glad the boxing public are not buying these PPV’s. Haney-Lomachenko going to flop as well

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
            Haymon promised me free fights when he first came on the scene. I'm holding him to it. I don't know whether Tank got those buys or not.....but I don't know anybody that paid for it. I know a bunch of people that watched it.
            Eddie Hearn and DEADzone promised you PPV IS DEAD when they first came to the scene. Are you holding them to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh View Post
              Even IF true. 200K is AWFUL. If Canelo, Floyd, Oscar, Tyson did that it would have been seen as a disaster.
              Tyson fought in the 80s and 90s before the internet was wildly popular. Oscar and Floyd fought in the 90s and aughts before illegal streaming. Canelo became popular in the 2010s when illegal streaming was just starting. So you are correct that those would have been awful PPV numbers for those guys. CONFUCIUS SAY: THINK...BEFORE YOU POST!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Depends on their guarantees. PPV and gate revenue for this fight was about $20m.

Purses were:

Tank: $1.5m
                Garcia: $350k

If 200k buys is true, coupled with the gate revenue, then those are the opposite of awful. Great numbers. Absolutely a profit.

Tank isn’t like Crawford, who demands $10m+ but sells 25k PPV’s.
                Correct sir! I've been saying this for a while. Tank does not demand 50 mill guaranteed like Canelo or Floyd. Showtime is definitely profiting. 200-400k is success. Now I'm not saying I'm a big fan of all the PPVs, but Showtime just announced Plant v David is going to be on PPV. So Espinoza must be like Mikey before the Spence fight...I SEE SOMETHING!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Glaser though?
                  Glaser looks like a dead man. Jeez he's ugly as fuq!

Comment

Cong**** to Gervonta Davis. I wouldn't have guessed it, but he consistently draws 200K PPV buys. He's Al's new Deontay Wilder.

Speaking of Deontay. Does he have the balls to **** with Andy Ruiz? Andy can take a punch you know.

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5

Bro I got Rick Glaser saying 61k you got Ellie sechback saying 400k. I think Boxing scene is just being honest.
                      Glaser is full of chit and Ellie is a PBC cheerleader
                      Honestly do you believe they did that much ?
                      If it was the case they’d be screaming , yelling wtv you want to anyone within ear sight
                      Like having your own channel with 1000 viewers and overnight going to 1.5 million

Comment

Working...
                      X