Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ennis: If It Was Up To Me, I'd Be Fighting Vergil Ortiz Next; Big Fight & I Want It To Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ennis: If It Was Up To Me, I'd Be Fighting Vergil Ortiz Next; Big Fight & I Want It To Happen

Jaron Ennis was convinced as recently as a couple of weeks ago that he would fight Eimantas Stanionis next for the WBA's secondary welterweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

We thought we had Stanionis locked in,” Ennis said, “but then, you know, the WBA came out with their order for Stanionis and Ortiz. So, like I said, that messed up our plan. I thought I was gonna fight Stanionis."

I did too! I thought Ennis was going to get Thurman or Stanionis! Definitely didn't think Spence was going to fight "Once Upon a Time!" I was also surprised GBP pursued Stanionis, instead of Crawford! Lastly, no way in hell did I think Crawford would fight Avanesyan? Crawford vs. Ortiz Jr. in Dallas? That's BIG money! WW division is going bananas, and I feel the most talented fighter is getting the shaft! Boots is definitely "The Boogeyman!" I wish someone in the division would MAN UP!

Comment

So now that you have a fight scheduled you decide to call out ortiz? what a clown

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        We thought we had Stanionis locked in,” Ennis said, “but then, you know, the WBA came out with their order for Stanionis and Ortiz. So, like I said, that messed up our plan. I thought I was gonna fight Stanionis."

I did too! I thought Ennis was going to get Thurman or Stanionis! Definitely didn't think Spence was going to fight "Once Upon a Time!" I was also surprised GBP pursued Stanionis, instead of Crawford! Lastly, no way in hell did I think Crawford would fight Avanesyan? Crawford vs. Ortiz Jr. in Dallas? That's BIG money! WW division is going bananas, and I feel the most talented fighter is getting the shaft! Boots is definitely "The Boogeyman!" I wish someone in the division would MAN UP!
        Boogey man ? This bum ducked everyone to fight a karen. I don’t want to hear about these fake hyped up pbc fighters or their counterparts anymore. They are only relevant in 3 weight classes and they get a bunch of hype fighting each other. These guys suck.

Comment

Then he needs to align himself with someone who can make these fights happen for himself as Dunkin doesn't appear he's getting it done. Karen's and 135lber's like Lipinets aren't going to cut it. Sounds like another Morrell story playing out. We want Benavidez blah blah blah but we'll just have to settle for thier little nephews....
          Last edited by Sctrojan; 12-06-2022, 09:56 AM.
          El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
            Then he needs to align himself with someone who can make these fights happen for himself as Dunkin doesn't appear he's getting it done. Karen's and 135lber's like Lipinets aren't going to cut it.
            “This started with these dads just wanting me to protect their sons,” Dunkin said of Ennis and Lee. “And look at both of them. They haven’t been defeated. They haven’t had a bloody nose, a red mark or suffered a scratch. It’s amazing, and I have the feeling I’ll soon have the best talent in the world, better than everybody.”

Comment

So none of the "courageous" PBCult's welters wants to fight him?
              El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

LOL, Crawford running from all the young guys they are running all over each for a WBA eliminator and forgetting phone numbers and their pins when it comes to the WBO. Stop the madness, folks. You can't make this stuff up. Where's the LDBC when you need propaganda?

Then again, Oscar just told you on fighthype a week or 2 ago who was tougher fight, Spence or that dude from Nebraska
                Last edited by hhh1200; 12-06-2022, 10:31 AM.
                -MEGA- -MEGA- El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Hanson View Post

Boogey man ? This bum ducked everyone to fight a karen. I don’t want to hear about these fake hyped up pbc fighters or their counterparts anymore. They are only relevant in 3 weight classes and they get a bunch of hype fighting each other. These guys suck.
                  Stop smoking crack! Ortiz Jr. asked for Stanionis! Crawford chose Avanesyan! WBC ordered Spence Jr. vs. Thurman! IBF ordered Ennis vs. Karen! Ennis is not a PBC fighter! He fights on SHO, but not part of PBC!

Comment

All do respect to the young WW, at this particular point Boots and Ortiz should be aiming and forcing Crawford and Spence to fight them. Those 2 are considered the "best" in the division and that's the guys you should go after. If they get those matches and win, then they can set eyes on each other. It's sad that the young guns might be forced to take that fight against each other for the simple fact that there's nothing else because the two supposed "best" WW are running far away from these guys, at least Spence has fought some solid comp, on the other hand Crawford continues to fight B level opponents...
                    Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X