Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Isn't Expecting A Close Fight Against Gervonta Davis: "I'm Gonna Whip Him...Bad"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

Ryan is no where near as powerful as Rolly,
    • Ryan 82.61% KO Ratio (against better fighters)
    • Rolly 80% KO Ratio (against lesser fighters)
    Not just stats (research next time), but also the eye test. Ryan can bang and he's so fast it's sometimes impossible to see it happen from home, never mind inside the ring.

so Tank won't have to be as cautious in the beginning,
    He'll have to be much more cautious due to the speed and power. Ryan won't bulldog him, but his cat-like reflexes are only a blip away. Barrios has Tank down on the cards in the first half, Ryan is grade levels above that.

also he was clearly setting Rolly up for exactly what he ran into.
    Clearly, and him being so predictable will work against him when in there with a bigger boxing brain than Rolly has. He was desperate and when you're desperate you're predictable.

In order for Ryan to work Tank's body, he will have to bend low because of the 5 inch height difference, and he will be wide open for powerful uppercuts and hook counters. We all know how he pulls straight back on defense with his chin in the air, its going to be a Santa-Cruz type of KO. I don't think Garcia will make it past 6 rounds.
    Why would he have to get low though? YDKSARG.

The way a shoulder works is it allows boxers to not bend their body, they can just fire on another angle (e.g. 180° to 200°). In boxing, when you're taller you don't give up your height (you just have to be aware of what you're doing), this is basic knowledge.

Garcia is much more dynamic than Cruz and picks his shots. Leo is about output and that makes him easier to counter. Cruz is a smaller boxer that started at 115, when he fought Tank he was well out of his natural class.

Ryan has alot of reach and height on Tank so he can pull back or pull counter for days and make him miss. Rolly was making him miss, come on now lol.

8-4 Garcia is more likely. We've seen Garcia get off the canvas from a detonated bomb and win by body shot stoppage, we haven't seen Tank in trouble. Maybe when he gets caught, he can't handle it. I can see that happening too.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post
      Lol desperate??? Dude was talking to people outside the ring during the fight. Rolly’s a big dude and used his physical advantages in the fight well but Tank was never in any serious trouble.
      Yes, Tank was desperate. I don't get the lol, but it makes you look lesser or a Stank fan which is shameful at this point.

This was supposed to be a roll-over for him, Rolly is like B- on his best day.

Comment

This boy is getting STOPPED. I love his confidence though. If you don't believe than who else will?

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

Yes, Tank was desperate. I don't get the lol, but it makes you look lesser or a Stank fan which is shameful at this point.

This was supposed to be a roll-over for him, Rolly is like B- on his best day.
          He is a B- I agree with that but he does have a physical advantage. He’s big and Tank is small. Can we both at least agree on that? Rolly did what he had to do and used his physical advantage to win some rounds. But I never thought for a second he would keep up that pace and win a decision, or get a stoppage for that matter. I figured what would happen happened. You follow a big puncher around the ring and dangerous things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post

They were fighting in the center of the ring during the opening rounds. Yes, he was successful with his check left however, he has never shown SUSTAINED ability to BOX behind a jab from outside. You 0311's really have a comprehension issue huh?
            Lol how the hell you know I was an 0311? Hahaha

Comment

If Garcia can remain disciplined, specially in the first half of the fight, it could be a long night for Davis.

Comment

[QUOTE=War Room;n31653211]
                • Ryan 82.61% KO Ratio (against better fighters)
                • Rolly 80% KO Ratio (against lesser fighters)
                Not just stats (research next time), but also the eye test. Ryan can bang and he's so fast it's sometimes impossible to see it happen from home, never mind inside the ring.

He'll have to be much more cautious due to the speed and power. Ryan won't bulldog him, but his cat-like reflexes are only a blip away. Barrios has Tank down on the cards in the first half, Ryan is grade levels above that.

Clearly, and him being so predictable will work against him when in there with a bigger boxing brain than Rolly has. He was desperate and when you're desperate you're predictable.

Why would he have to get low though? YDKSARG.

The way a shoulder works is it allows boxers to not bend their body, they can just fire on another angle (e.g. 180° to 200°). In boxing, when you're taller you don't give up your height (you just have to be aware of what you're doing), this is basic knowledge.

Garcia is much more dynamic than Cruz and picks his shots. Leo is about output and that makes him easier to counter. Cruz is a smaller boxer that started at 115, when he fought Tank he was well out of his natural class.

Ryan has alot of reach and height on Tank so he can pull back or pull counter for days and make him miss. Rolly was making him miss, come on now lol.

8-4 Garcia is more likely. We've seen Garcia get off the canvas from a detonated bomb and win by body shot stoppage, we haven't seen Tank in trouble. Maybe when he gets caught, he can't handle it. I can see that happening too.

We will see, but I don't see Ryan getting past 6 or 7 rounds. His defense is lacking and he has terrible footwork, but he's been able to get away with it because he hasn't faced anyone near Tank's boxing skills, athleticism, or power. Davis has been in with fighters just as big and powerful as Ryan, and he has always left them unable to continue. Garcia has speed, but I haven't seen anyone consistently get the better of Gervontae in exchanges using speed, he's an elite athlete. Also, he's definitely going to have to bend even using the angles with his shoulders. Davis is already in a crouching type of stance when he fights, which allows him to get the explosiveness he needs from his legs, and at 5'10 there's no angles that Ryan can use with his shoulder that won't require him to bend against a crouching 5'5. It doesn't matter though, its almost a guarantee that Garcia will pull straight back in exchanges with his chin out for the world to see, and its naptime. He can come back from it though, he's very popular, has some natural talent, and from here on out, he will be PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

He is a B- I agree with that but he does have a physical advantage. He’s big and Tank is small. Can we both at least agree on that?
                  Yes.

We will see.
                  That we will.

Comment

Cryan talking smack cuz he knows fight wont happen anytime soon, really dont see him beating tank anyways ,poor defensive skills and suspect chin, just matter time til gervonta lands his left hook flush that will leave ryan on shaky legs just to finally end up staring at the ring lights #mandown

Comment

These type of comments usually end up being ironically funny. This guy is saying this, but then watch Tank get the KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X