Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Isn't Expecting A Close Fight Against Gervonta Davis: "I'm Gonna Whip Him...Bad"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Room View Post
    Considering all the problems Rolly gave Tank, I'm expecting a big win for Garcia. You're not going to catch Ryan with one shot on the back foot. Ryans speed and body work are going to be massive issues for Tank.
    Ryan is no where near as powerful as Rolly, so Tank won't have to be as cautious in the beginning, also he was clearly setting Rolly up for exactly what he ran into. In order for Ryan to work Tank's body, he will have to bend low because of the 5 inch height difference, and he will be wide open for powerful uppercuts and hook counters. We all know how he pulls straight back on defense with his chin in the air, its going to be a Santa-Cruz type of KO. I don't think Garcia will make it past 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

You said it was orchestrated and calculated and it clearly wasn't. Rolly was presenting big problems and Tank was clearly desperate and his pedigree and skills overcame the crudeness of Romero. If Romero was more seasoned I believe he would have won or gotten tank out of there, he was launching missles at Tank.

Absolutely not. Tank wasn't in desperation for Barrios, he was much more methodical (probably thought he was winning) and the only reason he turned it up is because Floyd told him the scores. It was very controversial if you saw the broadcast and fallout thereafter.
      Lol desperate??? Dude was talking to people outside the ring during the fight. Rolly’s a big dude and used his physical advantages in the fight well but Tank was never in any serious trouble.
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

so is this a 100% fight on? ive heard a lot of agree this agree that for things before & it all can fall apart, i wouldnt be putting much money on cryin ryan thats for sure, with that beanpole neck of his, what a target that is

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

So, a fighter gets knocked down = glass jaw. So I guess since Davis has been knocked down that too = “glass jaw.”

Go back to reading comic books.
          Davis hasn't been knocked down his entire professional career, but we've seen Ryan on the mat with his arm folded under him like a chicken wing.

Comment

I have Ryen beating Tank. TKO in the 9th.

Comment

This would get over in 5 rounds. Tank wins this easily

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Initially, fans raised an incredulous eyebrow whenever Ryan Garcia discussed his desire to face Gervonta Davis. His skills, while respected, were mostly thought to be no match for the hard-hitting Baltimore native. Still, despite those in boxing circles advising him to steer clear of the violent puncher, Garcia continually poked the lightweight bear.
                [Click Here To Read More]
                Garcia is HUGE for 136 pounds. If he’s not weight drained. This could be a very tuff fight for Tank. I hope Garcia keeps that jab in his face all night long cause if he lets him inside. There are going to be problems.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

Garcia is HUGE for 136 pounds. If he’s not weight drained. This could be a very tuff fight for Tank. I hope Garcia keeps that jab in his face all night long cause if he lets him inside. There are going to be problems.
                  5 foot 11 Mario Barrios already tried it, and he's a better boxer than Ryan!
                  Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
                    Ryan ready to take the mantle of the sport and take it to heights that Canelo never cared to.
                    In order to “take the mantle of the sport”, you have to be willing to fight quality opposition. To date Garcia has avoided/ducked/ wormed his way out of fighting every quality opponent put in front of him. I’ll believe the Davis fight is actually happening when they walk to the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
                      Ryan's going to make it look easier than what some here think. Ryan's going to take center of the ring,pump that jab,throw an occasionally straight right baiting the much smaller Tank into attempting to close the distance as Tank has no other option. Tank is nowhere near the size or length of Campbell so he isnt clipping Ryan from the distance Luke was able to. If he tries to box at range or on the outside against Ryan,he's getting his ears boxed off. Tank never gets comfortable enough to commit to much because of Ryans size,speed,that lefthook and its a wrap. Took him what 9-10rds against Barrios before he decided(had to) go for broke? Barrios has nowhere the speed and power as Ryan so that moment never comes for Tank. Tank is damned if he does,damned if he doesn't....10-2 or 9-3 Ryan I'd he doesn't starch him.
                      It seems to me that you are forgetting that Tank has been boxing since he was 7, and everyone that he has fought, besides Cruz, has a significant size advantage, but he constantly drops them before its over. As much as people tend to overlook it because of his power, Davis is an extremely skilled boxer that uses all of his tools to negate the size disparity. He's a supreme athlete that uses footwork, in and out attacks, launches from angles, set ups and traps, quick counters, ring IQ, and unworldly power in both hands.

Ryan is flat-footed and basic, limited in the tools that he employs, and stubbornly lazy on defense. No one would accuse him of having great ring IQ, he pretty much does two things. On the back foot, he uses a quick jab throw his right hand or a body shot, and he uses his left hook as his counter, mixing it from head to body, but these attacks are straight up, barely any angles and terrible footwork. On the front foot, body shot, left hook, straight right, and repeat with bad head movement and chin in the air, pulling straight back on defense. He will be stretched and taking a long nap by the 6th round.

Comment

Working...
                      X