Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Isn't Expecting A Close Fight Against Gervonta Davis: "I'm Gonna Whip Him...Bad"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If fighters talk big and then lose, it looks bad. Don't forget Teofimo/Kambosos, Rolly/Davis & others. Better to talk after you win.
    NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

What problems did Rolly give Tank? He won some rounds and landed some punches but to me that was all orchestrated. Tank was never in any serious danger. I called that being calculated by Tank. Unless Ryan’s strategy is to do what Cruz and Rolly did, which is to totally disregard your own safety, then I can’t see how any of that applies to this fight. Ryan’s not stupid. He’s going to be aware of Tanks power and fight cautiously.
      Rolly was winning the fight clearly just on pressure, are you blind? The pressure had Tank going back to ultimate basics of trying to land a counter Hail Mary that was so obvious it was disgusting. Get on the bike, plant, wait for shot, counter, rinse/repeat. Zero disguise, pure desperation.

Calculated? Stank was in desperation mode and if he didn't catch Rolly he could have lost on points or scraped a measley 115-113 win.

Pressure and disregarding safety are worlds apart.

I'm really sick and tired of this tribal fan mentality. Once you peope become a fan you will make up any and all excuses for your man. It's disgusting.

Ryan is clearly going to pressure Tank all night, but this time when Stank tries those parlor tricks he's going to get caught.
      NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

No ability to fight off his back foot? Do you even study and watch boxing? The man literally counters from his back foot constantly. His check left hook is one of the hardest in the division. Watch the first three rounds of the Fortuna fight. All he did was primarily fight off his back foot. Once he gained his respect off his back foot he then pressed forward.
        They were fighting in the center of the ring during the opening rounds. Yes, he was successful with his check left however, he has never shown SUSTAINED ability to BOX behind a jab from outside. You 0311's really have a comprehension issue huh?
        Last edited by TheIronMike; 11-22-2022, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

Rolly was winning the fight clearly just on pressure, are you blind? The pressure had Tank going back to ultimate basics of trying to land a counter Hail Mary that was so obvious it was disgusting. Get on the bike, plant, wait for shot, counter, rinse/repeat. Zero disguise, pure desperation.

Calculated? Stank was in desperation mode and if he didn't catch Rolly he could have lost on points or scraped a measley 115-113 win.

Pressure and disregarding safety are worlds apart.

I'm really sick and tired of this tribal fan mentality. Once you peope become a fan you will make up any and all excuses for your man. It's disgusting.

Ryan is clearly going to pressure Tank all night, but this time when Stank tries those parlor tricks he's going to get caught.
          I never said Rolly wasn’t winning the fight. To me Tank was letting him win the battle in order to win the war. You saw the same strategy in the Barrios fight. Tank fought cautiously for the first half of the fight. Surrendered some rounds and then took control of the fight. I expect both fighters to fight cautiously. I don’t believe Ryan for one second. He knows what he’s facing.

Comment

Assuming these two survive their tune-up fights, this one should be fun. I can't wait!

Comment

Ryan ready to take the mantle of the sport and take it to heights that Canelo never cared to.

Comment

The way he holds his chin high in the air Cryan better not forget to duck

Comment

Do not deviate from your game plans don’t try and knock him out to early it will happen let it materialize
                  he’s Coming in for the knockout he has to bush him off of you then punch him in the face with combinations move side to side let him walk in to a jab

Comment

Ryan has a size advantage but that’s it! If you think you can take what Gervonta can put out, stand there and fight my friend and we’ll see who gets beat bad! I think you have a shot if you box masterfully, hold when necessary and keep moving outside of doing all that perfectly you will get knocked the FUK_K_KK out!
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

I never said Rolly wasn’t winning the fight. To me Tank was letting him win the battle in order to win the war. You saw the same strategy in the Barrios fight. Tank fought cautiously for the first half of the fight. Surrendered some rounds and then took control of the fight. I expect both fighters to fight cautiously. I don’t believe Ryan for one second. He knows what he’s facing.
                      You said it was orchestrated and calculated and it clearly wasn't. Rolly was presenting big problems and Tank was clearly desperate and his pedigree and skills overcame the crudeness of Romero. If Romero was more seasoned I believe he would have won or gotten tank out of there, he was launching missles at Tank.

Absolutely not. Tank wasn't in desperation for Barrios, he was much more methodical (probably thought he was winning) and the only reason he turned it up is because Floyd told him the scores. It was very controversial if you saw the broadcast and fallout thereafter.

Comment

Working...
                      X