Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Isn't Expecting A Close Fight Against Gervonta Davis: "I'm Gonna Whip Him...Bad"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Isn't Expecting A Close Fight Against Gervonta Davis: "I'm Gonna Whip Him...Bad"

Initially, fans raised an incredulous eyebrow whenever Ryan Garcia discussed his desire to face Gervonta Davis. His skills, while respected, were mostly thought to be no match for the hard-hitting Baltimore native. Still, despite those in boxing circles advising him to steer clear of the violent puncher, Garcia continually poked the lightweight bear.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Considering all the problems Rolly gave Tank, I'm expecting a big win for Garcia. You're not going to catch Ryan with one shot on the back foot. Ryans speed and body work are going to be massive issues for Tank.
    Marvin Santiago Marvin S likes this.

Comment

I lean 51/49 for Ryan. I think Ryan's speed could be enough to nullify anything Tank wants to do. However, all it takes is one shot from Tank to end matters. Going to be a very intriguing fight.

Comment

Ryan is getting BTFO this fight. He has no lateral movement, no ability to fight on the backfoot, no right hand, and a wide stance.

If Barrios, who is an underrated boxer with good lateral movement couldn't avoid getting caught, Ryan has no chance of lasting the full 12, or even mounting a sustained offense for that matter!

Comment

Ryan's going to make it look easier than what some here think. Ryan's going to take center of the ring,pump that jab,throw an occasionally straight right baiting the much smaller Tank into attempting to close the distance as Tank has no other option. Tank is nowhere near the size or length of Campbell so he isnt clipping Ryan from the distance Luke was able to. If he tries to box at range or on the outside against Ryan,he's getting his ears boxed off. Tank never gets comfortable enough to commit to much because of Ryans size,speed,that lefthook and its a wrap. Took him what 9-10rds against Barrios before he decided(had to) go for broke? Barrios has nowhere the speed and power as Ryan so that moment never comes for Tank. Tank is damned if he does,damned if he doesn't....10-2 or 9-3 Ryan I'd he doesn't starch him.

Last edited by Sctrojan; 11-22-2022, 09:56 AM.

Comment

People forget about Ryan’s Glass Jaw

Comment

The more I hear this clown talk the more I’m afraid he’s going to pull out of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post
                Ryan is getting BTFO this fight. He has no lateral movement, no ability to fight on the backfoot, no right hand, and a wide stance.

If Barrios, who is an underrated boxer with good lateral movement couldn't avoid getting caught, Ryan has no chance of lasting the full 12, or even mounting a sustained offense for that matter!
                No ability to fight off his back foot? Do you even study and watch boxing? The man literally counters from his back foot constantly. His check left hook is one of the hardest in the division. Watch the first three rounds of the Fortuna fight. All he did was primarily fight off his back foot. Once he gained his respect off his back foot he then pressed forward.

Comment

Originally posted by youngjj323 View Post
                  People forget about Ryan’s Glass Jaw
                  So, a fighter gets knocked down = glass jaw. So I guess since Davis has been knocked down that too = “glass jaw.”

Go back to reading comic books.
                  Marvin Santiago Marvin S likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post
                    Considering all the problems Rolly gave Tank, I'm expecting a big win for Garcia. You're not going to catch Ryan with one shot on the back foot. Ryans speed and body work are going to be massive issues for Tank.
                    What problems did Rolly give Tank? He won some rounds and landed some punches but to me that was all orchestrated. Tank was never in any serious danger. I called that being calculated by Tank. Unless Ryan’s strategy is to do what Cruz and Rolly did, which is to totally disregard your own safety, then I can’t see how any of that applies to this fight. Ryan’s not stupid. He’s going to be aware of Tanks power and fight cautiously.
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X