Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: I Would Fight Wallin, Whyte, Hrgovic - I Like Fighting Good Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wa!lin, hrygivic, zhang, would be good.
    Josh had a goodvresume, parker, whyte, pulev, povetkin etc. But then you realise those guys all lost their big fights.
    So Josh can still improve resume and he's got good approach

Comment

Originally posted by MBE View Post
      My mistake, I should have said he hasn’t beaten any top champion of his era and will be remembered that way unless things change. When we look back a decade from now the only names that will be remembered are Usyk, Fury and Wilder and he’s only faced one of them who he lost to.

He often claims he’s fought top names but none he has faced will be remembered bar usyk.

I think klitschko had been out the ring for some time, was an old man by then and was coming off a loss and he went life and death with him.
      What top champ has wilder beat? Josh above wilder
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

From way out they have been saying that it is Whyte. Hrgovic is easier to fight than Wallin.

At this point they will pick the easiest fight with the most upside.

Comment

“Seldon, Golota and Bonecrusher Smith”

Comment

Noone except Hearn, Joshua , and (probably) Whyte are talking about that as wanted as a next fight. It's obvious that's what's coming!

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Paraphrasing a reply of mine above: Who among his HW cohort actually has fought an array of ‘good opponents’, bar Chisora?

I don’t rate Joshua as particularly good boxer, BY ANY STRETCH, but based on the standards regularly applied to him around here, I’d say almost no-one meets the standard in this generation of the quasi-mythical-take-on-all-comers HW that NSB claims to demand

Re: the post-Usyk cry: lmao
              The statistics show, that Anthony Joshua is the only Heavyweight Champion since Wladimir Kiltsckko, that has taken on all comers.

What you are saying is incorrect.

Joshua since his 17th professional fight back to back, has been fighting at World or Elite level. That is a fact. There is no way you can dispute this and prove your statement to be correct.

No matter how people try and downgrade his opponents, the rankings at the time when he fought those opponents 'Shows that he was fighting at World level'.

Tyson Fury will have a big fight, then drop back down to domestic or high end European level. That is his style of fighting and match making. Outside of Wilder & Kiltschko, Fury resume consists of fights at domestic to High End European level etc.

It is only now, that Joshua is threatening the idea of dropping back down in levels. Because I don't rate Dillian Whyte as a World level fighter, I don't think he is operating at that level anymore 'He has not got the wins to prove this'. It was up for debate, whether he was operating at that level going into the Fury fight 'Whyte was burnt out by the time he got to Fury'.

I am disappointed with the Whyte fight, but I understand business wise why? Match room is pushing for that fight. Me personally I think Joshua should just jump straight back in at World level 'That is the way to get back to Elite level on merit'.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 11-02-2022, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Translation: AJ vs Whyte in the Spring

Comment

All fights I'd watch, Hrgovic mostly because I don't rate him as a pro and never have. "Euro-bum" is popularised because of dogshyte like Hrgovic that fans go nuts over, without knowing F all about boxing. Would like to see the proverbial nail in that coffin of that (former??) hype-job.

Nash out! (lol!)

Comment

My mistake, I should have said he hasn’t beaten any top champion of his era and will be remembered that way unless things change. When we look back a decade from now the only names that will be remembered are Usyk, Fury and Wilder and he’s only faced one of them who he lost to.

He often claims he’s fought top names but none he has faced will be remembered bar usyk.

I think klitschko had been out the ring for some time, was an old man by then and was coming off a loss and he went life and death with him.

It was only 18 months after the Fury fight. Strange how the narrative now is that Klitschko suddenly turned into a shot old man after being in his prime as a long-reigning champion when he fought Fury.

So if we leave out Klitschko, Fury himself has fought one name too, and has spent the last 4 years fighting him and signing rematches when an undisputed fight with Joshua was there and ready to go last year.

Finkel posted in writing that they were offered more money to fight Joshua than they were Fury.

Other that that, Joshua has constantly fought far higher ranked opponents than anyone else in the HW division (apart from Chisora, but he lost nearly all of them).
                    dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

That's fair, but in reality, only Fury and Usyk have beaten 'top champions' in this era.

The Wlad one's interesting. AJ went life or death, but if you ask me, that was more a case of 'styles make fights'.
                      Never been convinced of the decline theory in Klitschko, especially not within 18 months. Watching his fight v. Pulev, looked to me like he had the exact same tools and the same predictable style as in his fights w/AJ and Fury: Jab, straight right, hook, hug, break apart, bounce on your toes for several seconds then throw a single shot or 1-2.

As long as AJ had come off that exact hubris-inducing run up till 2017 where cans would fall over at the sight of him (hence, why he was foolishly confident enough to believe he could blast Klitschko out early) I can see that playing out the exact way at any stage of Wlad's post-2010 career.

I have also previously asserted that Fury beats any version of him at any age, too (Much easier pickings for a smart fighter)

Comment

Working...
                      X