Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius Expects Wilder's Power To Resemble That Of Samuel Peter, Lamon Brewster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No words how much I would enjoy it if Hellenius wins this. I do not so much hate Wilder as much as I am over his self absorbed attitude.
    Ghost Jab Ghost Jab likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
      HW boxing was really robbed of Ike Ibeabuchi. We’ll never know how far his power would have taken him
      Ibeabuchi vs one of my favorite HW of all time, David Tua, is still one of the more shocking fights I sat through. I kept waiting for Tua to change the fight with a serious punch. I kept waiting. And waiting...

Ibeabuchi just doubled up his work rate and hit heavy all fight. What a fighter.​

Comment

Wilder has power from a distance. Take that distance away, and force him to fight at mid-range and on the inside? Wilder's effectiveness with his power will then decrease.

Tyson Fury knew this, that is why he switched up his game and tactics for the 2nd & 3rd fights of their trilogy.

Never really seen any evidence that Helenius can out box Wilder, so I expect him to try Kronk Fury's tactics.

Comment

Helenius got away with a lot against the shorter Kownacki heavy footed guy .This fight shouldn’t go past round 3 really , Helenius only advantage is being active ,everything else Wilder has ,just Helenius stance is going to get him knocked out he might as well out a bullseye on him he can’t fight more wrong against a guy with 84 inch arm and speed . I’d say Wilder stops him in 2 rounds .
          Rosco3387 Rosco3387 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
            oh dear

Wilders right hand might be the single hardest punch in boxing history
            I have to agree with that. If it was my health on the line his best shot is the last one I’d want to take.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
              Brewster: 30 KOs in 41 fights
              Peter: 31 KOs in 47 fights
              Wilder: 41 KOs in 45 fights

c'mon
              KO percentages aren't always an indicator of a fighter's punching power.

Kendall Holt and Lamont Peterson used to have identical KO rates around 40ish but Holt was capable of one punch knockouts while Peterson's power was just respectable. There are different type of punching powers too.

With single shots, Brewster/Peter dont hit like Wilder but Brewster had some combos and some of the guys he KOd in his prime were brutal.

Sam Peter's left hook almost killed Williams.. his left hook is comparable to Wilder's right hand.

I like Wilder cuz he is a dead game fighter but he is still a one trick pony. He literally has the straight right only and he has become more predictable. Opponents can time him better and they wont be fighting scared like before.

Helenius has a very good chance of beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                Wilder has power from a distance. Take that distance away, and force him to fight at mid-range and on the inside? Wilder's effectiveness with his power will then decrease.

Tyson Fury knew this, that is why he switched up his game and tactics for the 2nd & 3rd fights of their trilogy.

Never really seen any evidence that Helenius can out box Wilder, so I expect him to try Kronk Fury's tactics.

I agree with this but to be fair to Wilder he does actually possess quite a good inside uppercut. It was the final punch in the sequence which finished Ortiz in their first fight and he also used it against Fury in their trilogy fight. Fury looked buzzed off it, fortunately for him it landed with only 3 seconds left in the 9th round.

As much as a technically poor fighter Wilder is, his sheer length and athleticism allows him to perform beyond his ability which makes for great entertainment for fans.
                SN!PER SN!PER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
                  This fight is even more of a joke than I thought! Helenious fought peter and brewster? How old is he really? Is he the nordic version of the 50yo cuban Wilder went life n death with?
                  He was a prospect and they were both shot and older Peter closer to the age of Helenius but totally shot and came into the ring with a belly that resembled a floor safe.
                  El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Most insightful post yet. This is where Wilders uppercut would come into play. Can Helenius get off the canvas? That remains to be seen but the odds are against him.
                    Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

As tends to be the case with in-house promotional bouts, and is also a perk of them for the promoter, afterwards, Helenius will claim never to have "seen power like this before" and that "nobody will stop a guy like this", with Wilder's right hand managing to disconnect the specific part of Helenius' memory that retains the Fury trilogy
                      Ghost Jab Ghost Jab likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X