Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malik Scott On Possible Joyce-Wilder Clash: "Different Type Of Power, How Many Can He Take?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
    If you don't move your head you can't beat Wilder. Joyce doesn't move his head. Walking through Joe Parker's punches is not the same thing.
    That's the thing that has me picking Wilder. But If Wilder doesn't get him out like before the 7th maybe 8th round??? He probably get KO'd himself. Joyce has a battery in him like I've never seen for such a big man.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
      Would love to see this match up, a hammer against a wall

Tbh i think i wold go with Joyce at this point too much pressure and stamina from a heavier men, a beating like the one Parket just took would be too harmful for Wilder at this point,

But of course the one punch ko power makes it really interesting ... i think joyce could take it
      "a hammer against a wall" - That sounds right and either the wall crumbles or the hammer isn't enough to get the job done. My after-boxing prediction for Joe Joyce is dementia. Those punches he withstands now will haunt his future.

Comment

It won`t happen, so why discuss?

Wilder will fight PBC guys only. Maybe he will try to get Usyk fight.
        Straightener Straightener likes this.

Comment

If Wilder lands and doesn't get immediate results, his mind shuts down, he panics, he gasses out, he gets knocked out.

Comment

Joyce jabs only will kill Wilder and his body shots will bury him.

Comment

Joyce has a good chance but the sensible money is on Wilder. Wilder has a pretty good engine too. Joyce needs to lean on him like Fury did

Joyce has been stopped twice in the amateurs and once by AJ in the first round. He does have a great chin but Wilder is probably the hardest hitting Heavyweight ever. Joyce is looking good but no one should get carried away after 14 fights. Joyce really gets hit a lot clean too - and Wilder has that speed, not just power.

I'd like to see this fight. I think i would go 60/40 Wilder at the moment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

That's the thing that has me picking Wilder. But If Wilder doesn't get him out like before the 7th maybe 8th round??? He probably get KO'd himself. Joyce has a battery in him like I've never seen for such a big man.
              You could tell Joyce felt Dubois's punches because he really changed his style and worked behind the jab in that fight. I'd expect him to make some changes too against Wilder
              Last edited by Roberto Vasquez; 10-01-2022, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                Joyce isn’t a one punch ko guy, he’s a heavy handed big man and he knocked out his last opponent after wearing him down with Parker coming in heaviest he had been and being past his best years. Let’s clear that up first. Now having said that, while wilder’s punches would do damage to Joyce, I do think Joyce is probably too big and strong for the small wilder. However if and when wilder inevitably lands in the first round with a big right hand it will be intersting to see how good
                of a chin Joyce has when that level of puncher connects
                What makes you say Parker is past his best? Remember he went full rounds w Cojanu when he was up and coming. He just about ko’d Whyte and dominated Chisora. He’s 30 years old. He’s just about his best right now, Joyce was better still and beats any version of Parker in the same fashion.

This was a very good win for Joyce.
                JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Wilder will land and Joyce will go down.

but can he get up and rally is the question.

Wilder has dropped every man he's ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

The criteria for a stoppage in the Amateurs is different than the pros. That said, I think Wilder wins this with a spectacular KO.

on the other hand, I thought Joyce would lose to Dubois and also to Parker, so apparently I am underestimating Joe. He just looks so slow and poorly balanced.
                    Yeah, for sure, I agree that the criteria is much different. I'm just going off the fundamental reasons he got stopped; he doesn't move his head. Every fight Joe is in, his opponent always lands some form of a right hand multiple times a round. As bad as Wilder is, you could only take so much from a dude with that raw of power in his right hand.

Joe isn't a guy that hasn't been down in some fashion at some point in his physical prime. He was in his mid to late 20's when he was getting stopped in the amatuers. He's there to be dropped and put out at all times due to his defensive shortcomings. I dont see Joe retiring without a KO/TKO loss on his record tbh

Comment

Not gonna lie, if Wilder fired the bazooka right hand and landed full force on Joe's chin and he just shrugged it off, that'd be scary.

Comment

Working...
                      X