Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: It Was Tough in There With Parker, I Had To Dig Deep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: It Was Tough in There With Parker, I Had To Dig Deep

Top heavyweight contender Joe Joyce (15-0, 14 KOs) admits he went through hell in last Saturday's fight with former WBO world champion Joseph Parker.
    [Click Here To Read More]

George Foreman of 2022 but without the power
    Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

It was a really good win. I know Joe isnt THAT great but he does seem to have a chin on him so being the first guy to stop him (and do it so definitively) is impressive.

Comment

Well Joyce should be prepared for more than that if he fights top fighters, and not a sparring partner who doesn't have a champions heart. Parker just doesn't have that dog in him. If anyone cannot see that he has a sparring partner mentality and fighters can sense that in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
          It was a really good win. I know Joe isnt THAT great but he does seem to have a chin on him so being the first guy to stop him (and do it so definitively) is impressive.
          Joyce is very good and can be great if someone gives him chance. If he beats wilder will you say he's great.?
          But he's got a chin, and endurance, and must be other attributes

Comment

There are lots of things to praise from the performance, but for me the biggest was his conditioning and the fact that he is willing to dig deep. For a dude that size, coming to a fight in that shape shows awesome discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by 15round View Post
              Well Joyce should be prepared for more than that if he fights top fighters, and not a sparring partner who doesn't have a champions heart. Parker just doesn't have that dog in him. If anyone cannot see that he has a sparring partner mentality and fighters can sense that in the ring.
              Good point about Parker but which of the other top heavies are going to risk going in with a guy bigger/as big as them but with Joyce's level of conditioning?

Comment

Frampton summed it up perfectly post fight. "You'll only fight Joe Joyce if you're made to fight him"

Eats counter-bombs like muffins the guys punch resistance is disgusting.

Comment

Good Performance by Joe Joyce, but it was not a easy fight. I saw a interview with him yesterday, and the damage of the bout was clear. Yes Joyce has world class durability and toughness, but you cannot at elite level just dismiss the attacks Parker was landing on Joyce.

Tough fight.

Comment

The more I see him fight & listen to him , the more I like him. I really want to see him fight any of the big 4. He has history with Joshua & Usyk but I would really like to see him fight Wilder. How many of those clean right hands could he take? His constant pressure would be hard for Wilder to deal with & we saw how effective Fury was in the second fight being in his kitchen. Joyce doesn’t have Fury’s elusiveness or boxing IQ so it makes it that much more interesting in my eyes. Dubois & Parker can crack but Wilder’s power is unmatched in the division. Fury got up several times but he knows how to avoid taking direct hits. Joyce is like Oliver McCall & walks through punches to land. That is a dangerous way to fight Wilder. I think that fight is 50/50. I’d favour Joyce in most cases but that Wilder right hand is the best equalizer in boxing…
                    Last edited by joe strong; 09-26-2022, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X