Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: It Was Tough in There With Parker, I Had To Dig Deep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Joyce is very good and can be great if someone gives him chance. If he beats wilder will you say he's great.?
    But he's got a chin, and endurance, and must be other attributes
    Sorry I mean Parker isnt that great, wrong Joe lol.

Joyce is indeed pretty damn good by the standards of this era. Most guys would have trouble with him.

Comment

Ppl see him as slow, but he still lands his punches, so there are other reasons for that. His mind is sharp, he's a thinker. He throws the right punches at the right time, and he uses his jab a lot and uses it well. Smarts, relentless pressure, fearlessness, timing, great jab, great conditioning, high work rate, great chin, a hard puncher, and he's mean in there. He's a whole lot to deal with

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
        Ppl see him as slow, but he still lands his punches, so there are other reasons for that. His mind is sharp, he's a thinker. He throws the right punches at the right time, and he uses his jab a lot and uses it well. Smarts, relentless pressure, fearlessness, timing, great jab, great conditioning, high work rate, great chin, a hard puncher, and he's mean in there. He's a whole lot to deal with
        Yeah its the volume plus he has quite good timing and shot selection, the right punches at the right time like you said. Its possible that the punches coming at that speed actually throws his opponents timing off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
          George Foreman of 2022 but without the power
          I keep saying that myself. He has that clubbing style with that jab. He will hard to beat because he doesn't get discouraged or hurt and keeps coming forward.

Comment

He didn't even look like he was going at full throttle to me, and he looked ready to do another 10 rounds.

Joyce is a problem.

Comment

Foreman had terrible stamina, low ring IQ and got dropped by Lyle, Ali and Young.

Joyce is WAY better and hits much harder. 271 lbs vs. 218 lbs
              LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Joyce is a throwback. Reminds me of foreman. Helluva fighter

Comment

joyce rightly getting the plaudits for his chin and pressure, but his power looks to be very underrated as well. What he did to dubois without landing a huge punch was one thing, but parker has never been smashed up like that. A great punch and he was never off balance.

Comment

I thought that too. Believe he has pretty sick power though. He not only stops people, but he messes their them up badly. Joyce is terrifying in the ring.

Imagine if he had media training and brand workshops like Joshua. They could’ve made him into a quiet, fearsome monster. Say nothing, then turn up and just **** people up in the ring.

Comment

Joyce will have a problem to fight top opponents. Nobody wants to fight Michael Myers of boxing. He took the hardest punches of Dubois with a smile.

Comment

Working...
                      X