Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez Says Hearn Was 'Shocked' By How Much He Makes, Sees Benn Fight Happening in 'Maybe Two Years'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez Says Hearn Was 'Shocked' By How Much He Makes, Sees Benn Fight Happening in 'Maybe Two Years'

Jose Ramirez's high financial requirements were the key stumbling block to a proposed fight with British welterweight Conor Benn, according to the former 140-pound champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn,Ramirez made $4mil to face Hooker. Seems like since the Taylor fight Ramirez has regressed as a fighter but with Taylor seemingly moving up looks like 140 is up for grabs. Regis, Chon,Teo,Ramirez,Garcia,Catterall etc.

Anyone know I'd that promotional outfit that won the purse bid for Regis vs Chon was able to fulfill the date and venue requirements afterall?

Comment

Hearn always seems shocked how much guys make.

he seems to be shocked by almost everything since he announced his “US Takeover.”

Comment

Ramirez minimum has to be $3 million at least

Comment

Yeah, TR/ESPN is indeed paying good money on mere "potential." I was kinda "shocked" when it was reported that Shakur's purse for the Conceiciao fight was $3 million, which was mentioned only because of the weigh in violation he did.

But I shouldn't be shocked because we had Crawford making big money because of potential.

Comment

And now I know what the issues are in the Crawford/Spence negotiations . The Spence team couldn't believe Crawford is indeed making more money than Spence.
            Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

If Top Rank is paying Ramirez a penny over six figures as a minimum, they’re grossly overpaying a guy who doesn’t have a belt and isn’t someone anyone is really clamoring to see fight. I hadn’t seen Ramirez fight before the unification fight with Taylor and I was shocked by what an ordinary unspectacular fighter he was for a so-called champion. He’s the Rob Brant of the 140-147 pounders.
              Last edited by Roj; 09-25-2022, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
                Damn,Ramirez made $4mil to face Hooker. Seems like since the Taylor fight Ramirez has regressed as a fighter but with Taylor seemingly moving up looks like 140 is up for grabs. Regis, Chon,Teo,Ramirez,Garcia,Catterall etc.

Anyone know I'd that promotional outfit that won the purse bid for Regis vs Chon was able to fulfill the date and venue requirements afterall?
                They made the deposit that was needed to move forward for the fight
                Haven’t heard anything more about it , no date or venue

Comment

Good for him if he's getting that kind of money.

Comment

I don't think that Ramirez has regressed, it looks like his opponents have progressed.
                    The tougher your opponent's are, the less skilled you're going to look in the ring when you confront them.
                    That said I don't see how Ramirez would be able to fight Been, who is two weight divisions above his now, and moving to up to a catch weight to fight Eubank.
                    NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X