Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez Says Hearn Was 'Shocked' By How Much He Makes, Sees Benn Fight Happening in 'Maybe Two Years'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roj View Post
    If Top Rank is paying Ramirez a penny over six figures as a minimum, they’re grossly overpaying a guy who doesn’t have a belt and isn’t someone anyone is really clamoring to see fight. I hadn’t seen Ramirez fight before the unification fight with Taylor and I was shocked by what an ordinary unspectacular fighter he was for a so-called champion. He’s the Rob Brant of the 140-147 pounders.
    Ramirez gets good crowds in California's central valley.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Hearn always seems shocked how much guys make.

he seems to be shocked by almost everything since he announced his “US Takeover.”
      Now that he spent up all of dazn's US monopoly money, he's going back to his UK pay structure. Matchroom aren't going to be able to compete with Espn and Showtime for purses in the US. Looks like we're back to 2017. thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

They made the deposit that was needed to move forward for the fight
        Haven’t heard anything more about it , no date or venue
        Yea I remember that but there was an article here not too long ago that they had like 48hrs to come up with a date and venue,if not TGB was going to be awarded the fight by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Yea I remember that but there was an article here not too long ago that they had like 48hrs to come up with a date and venue,if not TGB was going to be awarded the fight by default.
          I wasn’t aware of that
          My bad

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
            And now I know what the issues are in the Crawford/Spence negotiations . The Spence team couldn't believe Crawford is indeed making more money than Spence.
            Shakur made 2x more last night than jermell made for undisputed.

Haymon cheap as hell now
            Fact Fact Javcar Chris Hanson like this.

Comment

Hearn is going to have a hard time getting fights for Conor Benn and Montana Love! That's why Haney is gone! On the TR side, has Teofimo Lopez vs. Arnold Barboza Jr. been finalized yet? I hope we get that! If Haney moves to 140, I think it will be the best division in boxing!
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Ramirez sure is making a lot of plans for someone who is a loss away from being a gatekeeper.

Comment

It's looking like Jaron Ennis, which Hearn deems as a riskier fight, is way cheaper, and at this point is probably easier to make because Boots is desperate for fights.
                  Last edited by brettWall; 09-25-2022, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ifc View Post
                    Ramirez sure is making a lot of plans for someone who is a loss away from being a gatekeeper.
                    Lol former unified champion with 1 loss against the former undisputed champion and now he's close to being a gatekeeper? If that's the case since Taylor lost to Caterall he's close to being a gatekeeper too by your dumbass logic.

NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                      Lol former unified champion with 1 loss against the former undisputed champion and now he's close to being a gatekeeper? If that's the case since Taylor lost to Caterall he's close to being a gatekeeper too by your dumbass logic.
                      Taylor got dominated and he would have lost to Ramirez too if Bayless didn’t help him.
                      Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X