Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conceicao: Shakur Is Definitely Underestimating Me; Gonna Be Biggest Mistake Of Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Conceicao: Shakur Is Definitely Underestimating Me; Gonna Be Biggest Mistake Of Career

    NEWARK, New Jersey - Shakur Stevenson promised to "beat the ****" out of Robson Conceicao as they talked trash on a stage Wednesday at Prudential Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    Upsets happen. But they rarely happen. They DO happen.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BreWall View Post
      Upsets happen. But they rarely happen. They DO happen.
      Whatever happens, it may be best not to get upset.

      Comment


      • #4
        ::yawn:: . . .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by trippleupper View Post

          Whatever happens, it may be best not to get upset.
          They rarely happen. But they do happen.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's dangerous and blatantly unfair that Robson has to beat a fighter that didn't make the division weight in order to win the title.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tokon View Post
              It's dangerous and blatantly unfair that Robson has to beat a fighter that didn't make the division weight in order to win the title.
              That might be a bit hyperbolic. Shakur was a pound and a half over, not 10lbs over, so nobody should be fearing for Conceicao's life tomorrow. Also, with regard to fairness, Shakur was already stripped of both his belts and he will lose some money for missing weight. What else can be done in the interest of fairness? Would you rather have the fight canceled over 1.6lbs and have Conceicao fight for a vacant title a few months later instead of beating the real champion?
              Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 09-23-2022, 01:36 PM.
              MeanestNiceGuy and real raw like this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

                That might be a bit hyperbolic. Shakur was a pound and a half over, not 10lbs over, so nobody should be fearing for Conceicao's life tomorrow. Also, with regard to fairness, Shakur was already stripped of both his belts and he will lose some money for missing weight. What else can be done in the interest of fairness? Would you rather have the fight canceled over 1.6lbs and have Conceicao fight for a vacant title a few months later instead of beating the real champion?
                1.6 over on the scales and how much come fight time without some kind of rehydration control?

                The fight is supposed to be for 130lb title yet the guy he's having to fight didn't weigh in at 130lb - so how is that fair!

                The title should have either been awarded to the Brazilian on default, or declared vacant and the fighters being given the option of moving forward with a non-title basis.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tokon View Post

                  1.6 over on the scales and how much come fight time without some kind of rehydration control?

                  The fight is supposed to be for 130lb title yet the guy he's having to fight didn't weigh in at 130lb - so how is that fair!

                  The title should have either been awarded to the Brazilian on default, or declared vacant and the fighters being given the option of moving forward with a non-title basis.
                  Awarded by default with no fight?? How silly is that? Conceicao did have the option to forego the Shakur fight and challenge later for a vacant title, but, as discussed, there are real consequences to doing that. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill; ostensibly because you believe that Conceicao never had any chance at all to win. He apparently believes in himself more than you do. He's not looking to wiggle out of this fight. Fortune favors the bold and he rightfully sees this as a career-making opportunity. Why would anyone work their entire life for a chance at glory just to let it slip away over 1.6 lbs?? That's madness.
                  real raw likes this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Actually, coming in over weight suggests to me he was worried about losing and is looking for any advantage he can get.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP