• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...Yeah but still skilled enough to beat all at 160-168

I still don't see him beating Bivol though

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
      He doesn’t look as hard to beat as he once did. He doesn’t seem to box in the same way. Loads up, is less accurate and seems that his reflexes might not be quite what they were.

Thoughts?
      What’s your first clue? His age? 32 is far past a man’s prime Especially a athlete.

Comment

Maybe but him and G still beat anyone from 160-68
        RoadOfTheGypsy RoadOfTheGypsy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

spin? i did pick GGG!! im not a fan, aint making excuses. i am telling the truth that GGG aint that good! and neither is canelo,
          If Canelo and GGG aren't that good, then no one is good. They are the top guys in the 160 and 168 divisions .... They are the elite of the elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
            Maybe but him and G still beat anyone from 160-68
            This poster just said the point that i was trying to make to IceTray. If GGG and Canelo aren't "that good" then no one is good, since these two guys would demolish anyone in 168 160.

Same thing happened to AJ, even thought I dislike the man, for some here to suggest he can't beat a Daniel Dubois now is just ridicilous, AJ still wipes out most of the HW division outside of Fury Usyk and maybe Wilder (maybe.)

Comment

He looked the way he should look against an opponent that knows him very well. Canelo's game is good head movement, shifting, setting up combos, and brutal power. GGG is just a tough match-up for Canelo. That said, of course he's going to decline in the coming years. He's been fighting a long time and he's 32.

Comment

Yeah, he's starting to decline.

He's about where GGG was when he fought Canelo the 1st time.

Still dangerous, but no longer as dangerous.

Comment

I don't think so tbh and if he has declined, its only by a little bit. Too many people were on the hype train after Canelo beat all these guys at 168(and Kovalev) thinking that Canelo was peaking when he was fighting guys who were just a level below. I mean even this old GGG would have good chance of beating Plant and BJS.
                  eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

He’s had 70 pro fights and he’s a 5-8 guy fighting at 168 and 175. He’s getting a little worn. He should take a few months and just rest and heal up.

Comment

Or was this a script fight? Both guys missing and not really doing anything at all?

Comment

Working...
                      X