No announcement yet.

Is Canelo on the decline?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Canelo on the decline?

He doesn’t look as hard to beat as he once did. He doesn’t seem to box in the same way. Loads up, is less accurate and seems that his reflexes might not be quite what they were.

Thoughts?
    charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Yes he is. He looked liked garbage last night IMO. He's lucky he ran into a washed up version of GGG who looked even worse. Canelo fades badly down the stretch of every fight now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Yes he is. He looked liked garbage last night IMO. He's lucky he ran into a washed up version of GGG who looked even worse. Canelo fades badly down the stretch of every fight now.
      Yeah GGG 2, Plant, Saunders, Smith he looked magnificent

I thought he’d light up Benavidez

Not so sure any more

Comment

His body is starting to obey the commands of aging, plus the constant weight-shifting doesn't help.

Comment

Possibly… he’s had a long career tbf. He’s been a pro for nearly 17 years.

Comment

Probably. He is already 32 and fighting since 2005 as pro. His absolute peak were Jacobs fight at 160 and Callum Smith fight at 168. At 154 probably Liam Smith fight.
            TheSlickster TheSlickster likes this.

Comment

Give him some Zach Parker alike guys and he will look like elite guy again.
              eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

I think his peak was the Saunders fight and since then, he's started to slow down. Even if he's only 32 years old, being a pro for 17 years will wear on anyone eventually

Comment

He looked fast yesterday but also was missing a lot, not sure if the was just swinging for the fences or what. I think he peaked a year or two ago. He was very accurate then, thinking of how he could place shots at just the right spot to the liver during his 168 title run. his accuracy has dropped, especially considering GGG is shot and a sitting duck.

Comment

Maybe, but maybe we’re underestimating GGG during those rounds where he came on a bit. Canelo looked bad in those rounds.

I think he has another year of prime. Then we’ll probably see the decline.

Comment

Working...
                    X