Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hrgovic: It Was Very Close, He Surprised Me, He's Better Than I Thought He Was

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zhang has an amazing chin. If somehow he is able to improve his stamina, hell be a handful for any of the top guys. I was impressed with his skill. Everytime he connected, Hrgovic, felt it, and his body went limp. Good fight. Would be interesting to see Joyce or Dubois vs Zhang
    Alexis67 Alexis67 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolor View Post

I didn't think his chin looked that great. He was in trouble more than once, not far from being KOed or at least a KD. He looked dazed / disoriented a couple of times.

I still think he can hang with the Top 5-10 HWs, but certainly not with Fury or Usyk, and probably not with AJ, Wilder and Joyce (although we have to see what shape AJ and Wilder will be in in their next fights).

I didn't score yesterday's fight, but it looked like a draw to me, or a close UD for Zhang.
      Zhang can **** that’s without doubt
      That’s pretty much his biggest weapon
      The Croat took those shots damn well imo
      Didn’t quite like his approach or I should say his strategy ( which was one and no backup plan )
      It wouldn’t have been the end of the world had they declared it a draw

Comment

If Zhang was 29 instead of 39 he might have a future.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
          The truth is a 39 year old man with a questionable gas tank was able to take Hrgovic into deep, deep waters and was able to take all of Hrgovic's clean punches without getting buzzed or visibly hurt. I dunno how Hrgovic grades his own performance but that version of Hrgovic gets decisioned by Usyk and knocked out by Fury and Wilder.
          I really don't like how he reacted to Zhang's power shots by suddenly walking away from the exchange with his hands down. He did it multiple times like his brain was short-circuited. Zhang may hit like a freight train and he may not have gone down from them but that's not a normal reaction from a fighter when he gets hit. He survived because of Zhang's limitations and terrible endurance.
          champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

I was 1000% on that Hrgrovic Train like many people and I still like him BUT people was moving too fast ready to crown him this Boogyman and how he can beat the best Heavyweights right now

Comment

Hrgovic almost quits 2 or 3 times in this fight. Wrong guy won
              champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                What is Redeemers opinion? He loves the guy & thinks he is the next one… Haven’t seen him weigh in yet?
                Apparently, REDEEMER has left the forum.

Both of his favourite hypejobs in AJ and Hrgovic got exposed on August 20

Comment

This is exactly what Hrgovic has looked like. He always fought like a guy in love with his own strength and power. His defence is poor and the ability to land his power is pretty basic. A very limited boxer who has not transitioned well to the requirements of pro boxing. Zhang fought a total war with Forrest and in this fight he landed all the big bombs.

The main thing was, Hrgovic didn't do anything about the shots landing on his face, he changed nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X