Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Luis Ortiz Putting in Work For Andy Ruiz PPV Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Luis Ortiz Putting in Work For Andy Ruiz PPV Showdown

Luis Ortiz Workout Photos Gallery - Top heavyweight contender Luis "King Kong" Ortiz held a media workout in Las Vegas on Thursday as he nears his WBC Heavyweight Title Eliminator against former unified champion Andy "The Destroyer" Ruiz Jr. taking place September 4 in Labor Day Weekend action headlining a FOX Sports PBC Pay-Per-View from Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles. (photos by Ryan Hafey)
    [Click Here To Read More]

This fight will come down to whether Ortiz has his legs or not.

In the Martin fight Ortiz didn't look steady on his legs at all, even before he started getting hit. He got off the canvas and got the KO because he's a smart, tough SOB but he won't get through Ruiz if he doesn't have his legs back under him.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      This fight will come down to whether Ortiz has his legs or not.

In the Martin fight Ortiz didn't look steady on his legs at all, even before he started getting hit. He got off the canvas and got the KO because he's a smart, tough SOB but he won't get through Ruiz if he doesn't have his legs back under him.
      Very true... How he managed it I will never know but his legs were really compromised. Ruiz might suprise a lot of folks down the road... It is easy fodder for people to say "dude fought two shot guys..." Except that if one watches the fight with Arreola Chris looked really good and both men (Ruiz and Arreola) threw an insane amount of shots. Ortiz also has no intention of lying down...I expect Ruiz to win this, but as with Arreola, not easily. Furthermore I think these are tougher fights and when someone thinbks Ruiz is a mark... Lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Very true... How he managed it I will never know but his legs were really compromised. Ruiz might suprise a lot of folks down the road... It is easy fodder for people to say "dude fought two shot guys..." Except that if one watches the fight with Arreola Chris looked really good and both men (Ruiz and Arreola) threw an insane amount of shots. Ortiz also has no intention of lying down...I expect Ruiz to win this, but as with Arreola, not easily. Furthermore I think these are tougher fights and when someone thinbks Ruiz is a mark... Lol!!
        Goosen did a great job with Arreola. Had he trained him earlier in his career, who knows what he could have been? Ruiz's speed is going to be a problem for Ortiz. And speed is power. Should be a good fight. I'm pulling for Ortiz, but I ain't hatin' on Ruiz.

Comment

Everyone seems happy at that gym. All I have to say about the Ortiz vs Ruiz fight is that Ruiz must be willing to take some risks by engaging and exchanging punches with Ortiz.

If his idea of winning the fight is playing keep away while throwing pitty pat punches on the run then he won't win because Ortiz would be the aggressor coming forward all night long..

Comment

What’s funny to me is wherever you see Deontay you see Malik Scott! U think their boning one another?

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
              What’s funny to me is wherever you see Deontay you see Malik Scott! U think their boning one another?
              Peter godoy likes this.

Comment

King Kong by hUmmmONgus KO!

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Everyone seems happy at that gym.
                  Very true. Wilder and Ortiz fought 2x and they're on friendly terms now.
                  Why can't Jermall and Andrade do the same, fight now and become friends after the fight?
                  Any idea why doe?

Comment

Must Watch ...

Comment

Working...
                    X