Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Announces Retirement - Again; WBC Acknowledges, Though Yet To Take Action

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
    Fury is not retired if he is not stripped of the belt. He is just lying like he always does.
    The belt going isn't really his choice. That's up to the WBC. They've acknowledged that he has confirmed his retirement to them - now they just have to do the obvious thing.

As The Ring did...
    https://www.ringtv.com/642844-tyson-...-championship/

Comment

• Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

Best reply. Pre-Usyk AJ fight was worth 200 million for 2 fights. It's going to be a crazier number for an AJ Trilogy. His great-great-grandkids will be eating off of his earnings. As noted, he isn't going anywhere but he is praying for AJ to get the belts back. Regardless if Usyk cares I believe he is trying a bit of mental warfare on Usyk calling a nobody, not worth fighting over and over. I'd throw away the belt before I bother with you. Hold your horse Eastern Euro fanboys. I said it's nothing more than a tactic by Fury. The greater financial outcome for generations is AJ which is a fact.
      I can hear what you say but Joshua is not good enough to beat Usyk. I just don`t see it.

Fury -Joshua can still be a big fight in England, but I just don`t think it would be for all the belts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Tae View Post
        Total joke fighter -- beat 40-year-Wlad while using PEDs, then ducked not one but TWO signed rematches with Wlad, wasting Klitschko's time when he didn't have time to waste. Fought non-boxer and cherry picker Wilder three times. Got beat up and cut badly from a punch by Otto Wallin, in a fight that should have been stopped. Got knocked down by little Steve Cunningham and by Neven Pajkic, and rabbit punched his way out of both situations when he should have been DQ'd. Beat shot bum Dillian Whyte who had been knocked out cold on his feet by 40 year old Alex Povetkin {and then only beat Povetkin in the rematch when the Russian fighter was still suffering the after effects of covid}. Now Fury is quitting because he's petrified not only of Usyk, but of Hrgovic, Makhmudov, and other young guns who will starch him. What a clown.
        How many people pay to see Hrgovic & Makhmudov? Nobody…. Usyk is a tough assignment but even he has no fanbase & fights on the road… it’s not rocket science, Fury only fights for Money…I still see him fight Joshua no matter the result on the 20th & Usyk if he wins. Uysk losses rematch no Fury fight…
        Last edited by joe strong; 08-13-2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• AJ win = Fury out of retirement.
          Usyk win = stays retired.

Comment

• The WBC have decided to give him until August 26 to confirm his retirement in writing.

​​​​​https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...ght-title.html

​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffee View Post

The belt going isn't really his choice. That's up to the WBC. They've acknowledged that he has confirmed his retirement to them - now they just have to do the obvious thing.

As The Ring did...
              https://www.ringtv.com/642844-tyson-...-championship/
              I am not sold on people who have a history of lies and corrupt organisations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro View Post

When has Fury ever shown he can fight at a high pace against an "elite" heavyweight the one truly elite heavyweight he fought was Wlad and it was the lowest output in a championship fight in history at the time? his output is abysmal on a consistent basis and he's normally the one setting pace on top of that...
                He was a ghost in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                X