Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury v Cunningham, Usyk, and why most of you don't understand boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MONGOOSE66
    replied
    Originally posted by PrimadonnaKool View Post
    First of all, not a fury fan, clearly.

But I keep seeing this **** take that "well fury struggled with Cunningham so he can never beat Usyk"

Statements like this totally expose the lack of knowledge in here.

Fury vs Cunningham is actually BAD NEWS for Usyk.

Fury did struggle a bit with Cunningham in the early rounds, as he tried to box him (similar to AJ against Usyk)

But after about 5 rounds Fury realized, fugg it this isn't the right approach, let me just get close to this guy and big man him

Cunningham then wilts, exceptionally fast, and ends up ko'd for the first (only?) time in his career.

Cunningham vs Fury taught fury how NOT to box Usyk, and how to box him.
    ​​​​​​
    The fact that you bring up such a WEAK argument says you don’t understand boxing and “styles”.

Leave a comment:

• Haka
    replied
    Usyk is a very dangerous fight for big man.

Leave a comment:

• kafkod
    replied

That's the roids and blood doping.
    Usyk doesn't need roids. He is naturally feel, very feel.

Leave a comment:

• oscar9992
    replied

How do you know about this? He never got caugh & he is Olympic Gold Medalist & Olympic drug testing is very very strict.

You can say this about every other boxer who has a great stamina.

Leave a comment:

• PrimadonnaKool
    replied
    Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Usyk and Cunningham are both slick boxing former cruiserweight champs.Those are the similarities, but there are also significant differences between them. Usyk is a southpaw, naturally bigger and stronger than Cunningham. He also seems to have almost freakish stamina for a big guy. There's no way of knowing whether the tactics Fury used to wear down Cunningham would work against Usyk. That's why Fury/Usyk is such an intriguing fight.

Leave a comment:

• QueensburyRules
    replied
    First of all, not a fury fan, clearly.

But I keep seeing this **** take that "well fury struggled with Cunningham so he can never beat Usyk"

Statements like this totally expose the lack of knowledge in here.

Fury vs Cunningham is actually BAD NEWS for Usyk.

Fury did struggle a bit with Cunningham in the early rounds, as he tried to box him (similar to AJ against Usyk)

But after about 5 rounds Fury realized, fugg it this isn't the right approach, let me just get close to this guy and big man him

Cunningham then wilts, exceptionally fast, and ends up ko'd for the first (only?) time in his career.

Cunningham vs Fury taught fury how NOT to box Usyk, and how to box him.

​​​​​​
    - - Nobody had to teach Flubber how to duck AJ, Usyk, and the Wlad rematch.

Thanks for the reminder. U precious!

Leave a comment:

• kafkod
    replied
    Originally posted by denium View Post

At some point Wilder would catch him with that right hand, Usyk isn't unhittable, he's been caught clean plenty of times.

What do you think about Usyk bulking up for the rematch?
    Usyk has never been caught clean by anyone as predictable as Wilder and he knows that all he has to do to avoid Wilder's big right is to stay off the centre line at range and not come straight in at Wilder while attacking. He is a master at using footwork and angles to offset his opponents, which makes him bad news for Wilder.

I'm not sure what to make of Usyk's weight gain. I listened to Gman and Chris Andre discussing it and neither of them mentioned that Usyk left Ukraine to start his training camp looking like he'd lost a lot of weight during his stay there and his wife spoke about that too. So he must have gained that weight back again in a comparatively short span of time. He knows AJ is going to be more aggressive in their rematch and I presume he's planning to fight fire with fire. That could be a mistake on his part.

I still think he's going to beat AJ again, this time inside the distance. But regarding the weight and the tactics - if it ain't broke, why try fixing it?
    Last edited by kafkod; 08-08-2022, 07:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• removed
    replied
    Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Wilder vs AJ would be a 50/50 fight. I don't see any way Wilder beats Usyk though. He definitely isn't going to catch him with that long, telegraphed right hand. And what else does he have? Nothing, so far as I can see.
    At some point Wilder would catch him with that right hand, Usyk isn't unhittable, he's been caught clean plenty of times.

What do you think about Usyk bulking up for the rematch?

Leave a comment:

• kafkod
    replied
    Originally posted by denium View Post

Wilder would knock Usyk and Joshua clean out. I'd even give Wallin a good shout of beating AJ.

Fury always shows up when he needs to.
    Wilder vs AJ would be a 50/50 fight. I don't see any way Wilder beats Usyk though. He definitely isn't going to catch him with that long, telegraphed right hand. And what else does he have? Nothing, so far as I can see.

Leave a comment:

• kafkod
    replied
    Usyk and Cunningham are both slick boxing former cruiserweight champs.Those are the similarities, but there are also significant differences between them. Usyk is a southpaw, naturally bigger and stronger than Cunningham. He also seems to have almost freakish stamina for a big guy. There's no way of knowing whether the tactics Fury used to wear down Cunningham would work against Usyk. That's why Fury/Usyk is such an intriguing fight.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X