Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Drops Michael McKinson Twice, Stops Him in Ninth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ortiz did what he had to do against an awkward dude with little power. Wouldn't mind Ortiz against any of the top guys but we obviously all want Spence/Craword first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post

Machine did hurt Ortiz iirc but referee said no knockdown? I will have to rewatch. My memory fails me. I just remember Ortiz getting hurt early and then coming back.
      here ya go..

Ganondorf Ganondorf likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post

here ya go..
        Thanks man! You saved me from having to find it! I remember now!

Comment

• Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
          He wants to fight everybody in his way leading up to the title except Boots Ennis
          Boots hasn't said anything about Ortiz either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regge View Post

Exactly
            Everyone shooting at Ortiz but don’t see Boots making any kind of noise either
            Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post

here ya go..
              he did not knock Ortiz down it was a slip. See time stamp at 51:56 from the full fight

This is the other angle which proves it was nothing more then Ortiz winding up and slipped. Mean machine landed nothing in that exchange. This is horrible production work by DAZN which never showed this angle replay after the round and waited until 51mins mark of the fight broadcast to finally show it and worse had announcers who missed it real time. Ref had this same angle view and caught the slip and Ortiz was clearly not hurt here which is why he immediately jumped up waving that it was slip.

https://youtu.be/HqEu3p8RAZc?t=3115
              Last edited by jabuppercut; 08-08-2022, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regge View Post

Yeah and at this point that fight is mostly risk with little reward for both fighters. Each would be better off setting their sights of one of the established fighters first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Yea Ortiz got rocked by a right uppercut from Kav but was nothing more than that. He slipped a few exchanges later from a wild missed hook. Crawford clearly got rocked but kept himself from going down and help up by his glove which should've been ruled a knockdown.
                  You are absolutely correct. I posted the video that proves it was a slip. Kav winded up and missed at the same time Ortiz winds up and slips neither guy land in the exchange. Ortiz was not hurt which is why he is up immediately waving to ref I slipped. The ref who has this angle saw it correctly and didn't hestitate ruled it a slip. Even Kav who knows he didn't land anything and it was a slip is not arguing with the ref. The only reason this is a issue is because how terrible DAZN production is. Not only did they have bad announcers who missed the slip real time and were erroneously kept telling the viewers it's a knockdown during and after the round the the production crew never showed this angle proving there was not punch or knockdown in between rounds and never showed this angle of the replay until after they did the fight interviews. Camera crew missing the slip live because you had a live feed with a bad angle ok that happens. Missing it and allowing your on air crew to keep saying it through out the fight when it's clear if you just show the other angle there was no punch is really bad for DAZN production.

time stamp from the full fight 51:56 is clear. If anybody knows how to create a gif you can slow it down and see no punches landed in exchange just Ortiz slipping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEu3p8RAZc&t=3116s

Comment

• Rewatching the fight, it seems at the start Vergil was reluctant of throwing with his right arm instead resorting throughout mostly with his left in the rest of the fight in which he missed multiple times, he also seems to not use his high guard as often instead using as stance where he covers one side of his head in which Mckinson capitalized on his vulnerability by throwing inside or around his guard while moving around.

Vergil would had shown more head movement and footwork if Mckinson had sufficient power so he probably thought that since his opponent is not a hard hitter he could be fighting more offensively to finish the fight soon however his most dominating rounds where in the later rounds 7-8 rounds where he boxed countering every time Mckinson tried to be throwing a looping hook or jab barely landing a few shots.

Vergil instead of targeting the head of a moving target at the start of the fight, he should had been chopping down the tree like he did in the middle rounds 4-6 rounds where Mckinson was gradually starting to become more stationary.

This fight demonstrated his flaws in which from onwards he will he have to work on, but this will benefit him before a more dangerous adversary exploits them.
                    Last edited by Escorpion; 08-08-2022, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Wow! Yes! Great win for Ortiz!

Comment

Working...
                      X