Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jack Catterall Enters Multi-Fight Agreement With BOXXER, Secures Josh Taylor Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Jack Catterall Enters Multi-Fight Agreement With BOXXER, Secures Josh Taylor Rematch

    Jack Catterall has taken every necessary step to secure a second chance at a lasting impression. The top-rated junior welterweight has entered a multi-fight agreement with BOXXER, the UK promotional outfit confirmed Friday morning. The move allows the 29-year-old British southpaw to enter a rematch with lineal/IBF/WBO 140-pound king Josh Taylor, which will air later this year on a Sky Sports platform.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    Thanks, Jake. Probellums are mounting up for the circus outfit.

    Comment


    • #3
      1inchCock should be here any moment, hating like usual. Taylor was a coward for not giving Catterall a rematch and now is a coward for giving up 2 titles to secure a rematch. This from a prepubescent prick hiding behind a keyboard.

      Wonder what the excuse will be when another of his (in)famously blinkered predictions is wrong yet again? Josh wins this and KOs him this time.
      P to the J likes this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good news.
        Rodtang likes this.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm still trying to figure out where Probellum fits in the boxing scene. They signed a decent amount of fighters and had a few middle east cards but I haven't heard much since.

          Originally they seemed to indicate they would be an OTT service similar to DAZN or ProBox but I haven't seen much headway with that endeavor.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Atletisock View Post
            1inchCock should be here any moment, hating like usual. Taylor was a coward for not giving Catterall a rematch and now is a coward for giving up 2 titles to secure a rematch. This from a prepubescent prick hiding behind a keyboard.

            Wonder what the excuse will be when another of his (in)famously blinkered predictions is wrong yet again? Josh wins this and KOs him this time.
            Josh Taylor claims he wanted to fight Alberto Puello for $120k

            Taylor claimed: “I have been proud to be WBA champion since I defeated Regis Prograis in 2019. Unfortunately, due to my wedding and honeymoon this summer, I am unable to fulfill my obligation to defend against Alberto Puello in a timely manner.

            “I do not want to delay a fellow fighter from fulfilling his dreams. For that reason, I must respectfully vacate.

            WBN

            "The WBC truly regrets having lost so much time and having mandatory contender Jose Zepeda frozen as well as other fighters in the division," the sanctioning body said in a statement.


            P to the J likes this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
              I'm still trying to figure out where Probellum fits in the boxing scene. They signed a decent amount of fighters and had a few middle east cards but I haven't heard much since.

              Originally they seemed to indicate they would be an OTT service similar to DAZN or ProBox but I haven't seen much headway with that endeavor.
              A lot of their fighters get put out on the cards if other promoters.Much the way it is for DiBella and Salita.
              PBR Streetgang likes this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

                Josh Taylor claims he wanted to fight Alberto Puello for $120k

                Taylor claimed: “I have been proud to be WBA champion since I defeated Regis Prograis in 2019. Unfortunately, due to my wedding and honeymoon this summer, I am unable to fulfill my obligation to defend against Alberto Puello in a timely manner.

                “I do not want to delay a fellow fighter from fulfilling his dreams. For that reason, I must respectfully vacate.

                WBN

                "The WBC truly regrets having lost so much time and having mandatory contender Jose Zepeda frozen as well as other fighters in the division," the sanctioning body said in a statement.


                Taylor has never said he wanted to fight, Puello. He's never been interested in that fight. It's not only a poor bag, but Puello is nobody right now and there's way bigger fights out there for Josh. Don't believe anything you read from WBN, they just make **** up. It's a dreadful site, that is biased and factually inaccurate on a regular basis.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Keeping four sanctioning bodies happy over a sustained period is virtually impossible. Especially when one (the WBA) breaks with the rotation protocol and undergoes some bizarre bidding process for their vacant belt. The sanctioning bodies are corrupt, moribund en****** long past time being replaced.
                  P to the J likes this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

                    Taylor has never said he wanted to fight, Puello. He's never been interested in that fight. It's not only a poor bag, but Puello is nobody right now and there's way bigger fights out there for Josh. Don't believe anything you read from WBN, they just make **** up. It's a dreadful site, that is biased and factually inaccurate on a regular basis.
                    The 'Tartan-TornA$$hole' did not have to fight that 'nobody' Jack Catterall. Taylor could have had a bigger fight with Terence Crawford, but he rather pick on smaller opponents, I can see why Josh don't want to fight these unknown contenders ; they might whoop him worse than 'El Gato'.

                    Is Teofimo Lopez one of those bigger fights? apparently not, is the winner of Regis Prograis vs. Jose Zepeda one of those ''bigger-fights'' for Josh Taylor? If I remember correctly, the 'Tart-Tomato' has been ducking Regis Prograis for about 4 years, and he just recently ducked Jose Zepeda by vacating the WBC jr. welterweight title.

                    If you ask me, Josh Taylor is avoiding back to back L's against multiple opponents, getting a gift in the first fight vs. Catterall helps Taylor's image if he takes an official L on the second try.

                    Stop talking shyte.
                    P to the J and like this.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP