Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tank Davis vs. Garcia Fight Has To Happen With DAZN's Involvement, Golden Boy COO Says

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11k and 15k? Couldn't draw flies to ****. I'm sure Kambosos done 40k+

Comment

Tank Davis isn’t exclusive to SHO.. please shut up rat boy Espinoza

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
        11k and 15k? Couldn't draw flies to ****. I'm sure Kambosos done 40k+
        Well in all fairness he should, he’s from a country that doesn’t often have world class contenders let alone world champions whereas these American champions are a dime a dozen as they say here in the usa. Folks have to stop trying to ignore than about American boxing. Americans have generally DOMINATED the sport at many weight classes going back two centuries. If the usa had one or two (especially extremely good) champions every 10-20 years, it would be a “less you have the more it’s worth” scenario like it is with so many other nations
        Last edited by Oldskoolg; 07-18-2022, 11:31 AM.
        Rip Chudd Rip Chudd likes this.

Comment

There's 2 ways to settle it. They either share it, or they both put their bid offers in an envelope at the agreed time and place, and the biggest offer gets it. Sharing is fairest in my opinion. Ultimately Espinoza has just, in no uncertain terms, said this isn't happening. Because if their not prepared to share, then it's discussion end, as neither will allow the other exclusivity.

Comment

The chances of the fight happening just went down further.

Showtime and the management at PBC don't show a willingness to work with Dazn.
            Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Maybe they can do a 2 fight deal, first fight is on one platform, rematch is on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Clearly that’s the goal. It’s clear GBP doesn’t get the budget matchroom gets and there just doesn’t seem to be any desire to outbid the pbc when it comes to dazn baded contenders challenging pbc champions, pbc always seems to be able to put up more resources then gbp. And in order not to have his fighters fight on pbc networks, DLH just shoots down the deals by saying he wants dazn involved when dazn showed no interest in even backing DLH on the Charlo-Munguia fight, thereby denying his own fighter a shot at the middleweight title and the biggest payday of his career. As much as I want to see gbp do well, I support his outfit because they are an American company, he really needs to part ways with dazn and seek an angreement with showtime, ESPN, hell even nbc
                GBP has its own budget and so does Matchroom. Matchroom are a bigger stronger company, so Hearn may part with more than DLH. Dazn will enhance the pot depending on the draw of the fighter. So for Example Dazn will put more money behind Garcia than they would Haney. More behind Haney than William Zepeda. Also you factor in the opponents draw. So Haney vs JoJo might be closer to Garcia vs Tagoe, but clearly not as close to Garcia vs Davis. It depends on what drives the most subs.

Comment

Clearly that’s the goal. It’s clear GBP doesn’t get the budget matchroom gets and there just doesn’t seem to be any desire to outbid the pbc when it comes to dazn baded contenders challenging pbc champions, pbc always seems to be able to put up more resources then gbp. And in order not to have his fighters fight on pbc networks, DLH just shoots down the deals by saying he wants dazn involved when dazn showed no interest in even backing DLH on the Charlo-Munguia fight, thereby denying his own fighter a shot at the middleweight title and the biggest payday of his career. As much as I want to see gbp do well, I support his outfit because they are an American company, he really needs to part ways with dazn and seek an angreement with showtime, ESPN, hell even nbc
                  What about when they offered 7mil for Andrade Vs Charlo. Was that not more the the PBC offer, which was zero?

Comment

What your accusing DLH of, by shooting down deals, by insisting on Dazn involvement, is exactly what PBC are guilty of, by shooting down deals, by insisting on Dazn non involvement. It's the same practice. The point is, their supposed to work together for the common goal.
                    Fact Fact greeneye99 greeneye99 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

What about when they offered 7mil for Andrade Vs Charlo. Was that not more the the PBC offer, which was zero?
                      Interestingly enough, I can see that fight on the horizon since BooBoo and matchroom parted ways. Haymon is definitely playing chess not checkers

Comment

Working...
                      X