Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa Drops, Stops a Game Carlos Castro in Sixth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All wrong style wise, easy to find, and overmatched too. A feel good, dip his toe in the feathers win for Figueroa vs a blown up jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post

Yes. We would've never had Gatti VS Ward as a classic if we had these new wave, glory whore, referees officiating that fight.....Corrales VS Castillo.....and other classics. These referees are compromising competitions.
      Those were my exact thoughts, I guess the days of those classic fights are long gone. Refs involve themselves way too much now a days.

This seemed more about PBC protecting the boxer with the bigger name and more potential star power because the refs reasoning for the stoppage was nonsense..

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post

I dunno about all of that, lol. He's just not good
        I know about all that. GB built him from the ground up and he bailed on them. He's been a shill since. He should be nowhere near a commentary booth especially considering his damage. He says the right stuff though which is why he has his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Javcar View Post
          That whole broadcast crew and the referee are fkn trash. Castro didn’t complain because it’s not his style. Not everyone complains when they get screwed. Trash. I’m glad Figueroa got robbed against fulton.
          Lol I guess you wanted to see Carlos face first on the floor because that's what was going to happen the only reason he had some moderate success after getting dropped was because Figueroa punched himself out a bit.

After he regained his composure he was obviously the bigger puncher of the 2 as Castro never hurt him and the inevitable was coming the referee did the right thing. Castro can still come back and be competitive Brandons style was just all wrong for him especially coming off another hard fought fight against Nery. That's funny though you are glad Figueroa got robbed against Fulton because the referee stopped the fight where he was piecing up the fighter you obviously wanted to win in Castro. Classic hater.

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          All wrong style wise, easy to find, and overmatched too. A feel good, dip his toe in the feathers win for Figueroa vs a blown up jr.
          Lol blown up Jr Feather Figueroa has fought as low as 118, Carlos had fought at 126 before Figueroa did and has fought 21 of his 29 fights above 122.

landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

With stoppages like this, they’ll fix all the fights
            Might as well just stop the fight as soon as it starts, if the ref doesn't think a given fighter can win and thats what it takes to stop it- just stop it right away.

This isn't about what Figueroa was doing after the KD, that was a different round altogether. This is about what was going on at the time of the stoppage; and there was nothing at the time that deemed it worthy of being stopped.
            Javcar Chris Hanson likes this.

Comment

Trash. I’m glad Figueroa got robbed against fulton.
              You are the problem with boxing. Hatred for a man you’ve never met? How sad that must be

Comment

English is Abner Mares' second language. His natural language is Spanish, Perhaps, they should move him over to their Spanish broadcast of Showtime championship boxing.

Comment

Bad stoppage! Fig is a machine, but I don't think he could beat GRJ or Navarrete @ 126!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Bad stoppage! Fig is a machine, but I don't think he could beat GRJ or Navarrete @ 126!
                    Russell better hope he doesn't get injured in the middle of a fight against Figueroa. He's gonna need both hands and feet to keep Figs off him.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Russell better hope he doesn't get injured in the middle of a fight against Figueroa. He's gonna need both hands and feet to keep Figs off him.
                      No doubt! I would want GRJ to fight Magsayo first, then challenge for a title @ 126! Vargas vs. Figueroa is going to be a WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X