Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna: Ryan Garcia Does Not Have Talent, Capacity To Beat Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortuna has Diaz issues. Diaz is smaller, slower and has less power than Ryan. There are two questions. Is Ryan gun shy or affected by the Campbell knock down? And 2, how will Ryan KO Fortuna? He took a lot of punches from low ko Jojo.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post

It's funny the same people that bash Ryan for being dropped by Cambell despite knocking him out in the 7th rd(something Loma couldn't do)are the same people that defend Beterbiev for getting dropped by journeymen and act like it's no big deal.
      Yup,it's like the fight ended for them as soon as he got dropped smh. They missed a beautifully set trap Ryan had been setting a few rds before his disguised bodyshot KO.

The kids a douche outside of boxing,I agree but I couldn't careless about that or his looks or who promotes him or whatever drives these guys hate for him. The kid is clearly gifted with skill,speed and power. You compliment that with his physical stature and you have a boxer capable of beating any current 135-140lber period.
      Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        Fortuna has Diaz issues. Diaz is smaller, slower and has less power than Ryan. There are two questions. Is Ryan gun shy or affected by the Campbell knock down? And 2, how will Ryan KO Fortuna? He took a lot of punches from low ko Jojo.
        Well it is not like a Diaz is a push over though, he was a Champion at two weight divisions, Beaten Oscar Valdez at the Olympics and was quite more difficult than Kambosos against Devin Haney. He makes a good gatekeeper at lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by ElDinamita07 View Post

Well it is not like a Diaz is a push over though, he was a Champion at two weight divisions, Beaten Oscar Valdez at the Olympics and was quite more difficult than Kambosos against Devin Haney. He makes a good gatekeeper at lightweight.
          Diaz is a blown up Jr lightweight with 3 fights at the lighweight limit, he missed 130 in one, and lost the other. Fortuna is B-, or C class.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Diaz is a blown up Jr lightweight with 3 fights at the lighweight limit, he missed 130 in one, and lost the other. Fortuna is B-, or C class.
            Yet the current champion failed to dominate him despite both being feather fisted with Diaz having only one fight at lightweight prior to the fight, he was drained at 130 because he almost reached his early thirties at that point.

Doubt Fortuna will ever be a champion but stating that he is C class is a stretch, he likely beats 80% of the opposition of Gervonta Davis, Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney.

Comment

Very interesting thread. I was literally thinking this before I saw this thread.

Ryan is good but still limited, with too many defensive holes. He also has a mental health issue from a fight in which he was laid out by a featherfisted second tier lightweight. I used to consider Fortuna better than Campbell in their good days. I don't know about this Fortuna.

It'll be a good fight. 50/50 for me. I don't care who wins.

War Boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Yup,it's like the fight ended for them as soon as he got dropped smh. They missed a beautifully set trap Ryan had been setting a few rds before his disguised bodyshot KO.

The kids a douche outside of boxing,I agree but I couldn't careless about that or his looks or who promotes him or whatever drives these guys hate for him. The kid is clearly gifted with skill,speed and power. You compliment that with his physical stature and you have a boxer capable of beating any current 135-140lber period.
                Exactly that left hook down stairs caught Luke off guard he was expecting the hook upstairs instead.

But yea these guys are a weird group they see only want.

Comment

Originally posted by ElDinamita07 View Post

Yet the current champion failed to dominate him despite both being feather fisted with Diaz having only one fight at lightweight prior to the fight, he was drained at 130 because he almost reached his early thirties at that point.

Doubt Fortuna will ever be a champion but stating that he is C class is a stretch, he likely beats 80% of the opposition of Gervonta Davis, Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney.
                  C is a perfect level for Fortuna right now. Your estimation doesn't stay the same over the years. You lose or gain points as time goes on. At his best, Fortuna was a B-, a good letter grade in my valuation. I thought the same of Linares, Campbell as well.
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-03-2022, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Ryan is a C level too. He hasn't done anything in pro boxing. Grades can be improved on over time, they are not static. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

C is a perfect level for Fortuna right now. Your estimation doesn't stay the same over years. You lose or gain points as time goes on. At his best, Fortuna was a B-, a good letter grade in my valuation. I thought the same of Linares, Campbell as well.
                      Might change my mind when I see how he fairs in this fight though I can see how he is tailor made for Ryan, what do you think would have been a better tune up than Fortuna?

Comment

Working...
                      X