Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Downplays Canelo's Power: His Clean Shots Brought No Result

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verus View Post

Everything is hyperbole these days. I think folks who follow the sport and not the hype had no illusions that Canelo can win championships fighting elites at 190 and above. It was all silliness. To his credit, Canelo challenged himself and is not making excuses for his loss to Bivol. He simply says he lost. The reality is that Canelo is too small to compete at the elite level at light heavyweight. Skill and will can only compensate for so much. At some point, a small determined boxer is beaten by a skilled and determined heavier boxer. That is reality. Going into the fight I had Bivol as the favorite with a possible 8 rounds to 4 outcome. I was off by one round. I had Bivol winning 9 rounds at the fight's end.
    No. Against Bivol cherry picking went wrong.
    eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

To be fair, the same can be said about GGG power, they had no affect on Canelo, as a matter of fact, name one A level opponent that GGG has knocked out? All his K.Os are B and C level opponents. So what does that say about GGG supposed big power?

Comment

GGG’s shots had no results. He was the favorite to win by oddsmakers, and by KO from his groupies. Canelo was never supposed to beat GGG by KO, ever. He may he able to do it this time because GGG is shot.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          GGG’s shots had no results. He was the favorite to win by oddsmakers, and by KO from his groupies. Canelo was never supposed to beat GGG by KO, ever. He may he able to do it this time because GGG is shot.
          So you were never sold into this narrative that GGG is a mere hypejob? I'm not a fan of both. I'm just baffled by the inconsistencies of anti-GGG fans. On one hand they say he's manufactured hype, and on the other he's always favorite no matter who he fights. Does that make sense to you?
          Haka Haka likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
            The quote on Usyk tho - Of course, he (Alvarez) is in a different weight class right now, but him saying he could go to 190 and beat Usyk, c’mon, get back to reality,”
            Remember back when people were actually entertaining this idea as plausible just a couple of months ago? Now all I hear are excuses of how he lost to Bivol because he was too small. Lol!
            he was going to light up beterbiev aswell lol, quite a few people on here were talking about it like it wasnt even a competitive fight let alone canelo losing

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
              So you were never sold into this narrative that GGG is a mere hypejob? I'm not a fan of both. I'm just baffled by the inconsistencies of anti-GGG fans. On one hand they say he's manufactured hype, and on the other he's always favorite no matter who he fights. Does that make sense to you?
              Anyone who calls GGG overrated or a hype job is a 100% casual.

FACTS: GGG Was 345-5 as an amateur against some of the most technically skilled boxers in the world.

He won a Silver Medal in the 2004 Olympics.

He won 5 gold medals and 2 silver/bronze in 7 different amateur world championship tournaments.

He then went on to have 20+ title defences as a professional. He has never been knocked DOWN as an amateur or professional.

His first and only pro loss came to a fighter universally recognized as the pound for pound #1 fighter and it was highly controversial.

GGG’s boxing accomplishments as an amateur and a professional are absolutely amazing. Anyone who says other simply doesn’t know **** about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post

Everything is hyperbole these days. I think folks who follow the sport and not the hype had no illusions that Canelo can win championships fighting elites at 190 and above. It was all silliness. To his credit, Canelo challenged himself and is not making excuses for his loss to Bivol. He simply says he lost. The reality is that Canelo is too small to compete at the elite level at light heavyweight. Skill and will can only compensate for so much. At some point, a small determined boxer is beaten by a skilled and determined heavier boxer. That is reality. Going into the fight I had Bivol as the favorite with a possible 8 rounds to 4 outcome. I was off by one round. I had Bivol winning 9 rounds at the fight's end.
                that’s not entirely true. Just last week he stated how he had some issues in camp, wasn’t able to train as he usually does , said he clearly won the first 5 rounds but then his issues training came in to play which is why he faded.

Comment

Ok let's see a real upset--a KO by GGG. I used to like Canelo but he is now a primadonna--getting too arrogant and even refuses to fight other mexicans because he is so pro-Mexico. That's like blacks refusing to fight other blacks. I doubt GGG can pull it off at this stage but it would shock the boxing world.

Comment

GGG hurt Canelo in the 2nd fight. Watch 10th round. The moment 1:42.
                    Elastic Recoilz Elastic Recoilz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                      Not sure what you are talking about.

It is a fact that oddsmakers had GGG as the favorite vs Canelo, and many including you, accused Canelo of ducking him not once, but twice. And many posters on here predicted GGG would KO Canelo. These are facts.

Comment

Working...
                      X